Thanks for iOS update!

JSGilliom

I've not yet explored much, but I've installed and look forward to using 1.4. Thanks for all your hard work!

John S Gilliom

I agree. Especially because of the devotional feature!

It's SO good! It's a lovely Christmas present to all of us from the hard working Accordance developers. THANK YOU!

Love the GRID on the Go To feature.

I like it as well. Good job. Thanks for the hard work.

I especially like the instant detail overhaul.

I think it was about this time last year that the first release of the iOS app was released. It has sure come a long way since then. Thanks very much for the latest update. I have downloaded it but haven't had much time to use it yet. From what I've seen it looks great and adds some significant new features.

Thanks for the encouragement! We'd love it if some of you wrote a quick review. So often the app store gets flooded with pithy "reviews" that are nothing more than rants or tech support issues that are either isolated or the result of user misunderstanding. It's a shame that we can't respond to clarify or help people.

We've got big plans for 2012!

The new iOS update is fantastic!! Things I didn't even know I needed are there and work wonderfully.

I do have one question though. I tend to use highlights rather aggressively, probably more than I should, which may be an "age thing." Highlighting verses in texts is straightforward, as is highlighting individual words in tools, but I haven't found a way to highlight sentences in tools, or copy sentences for that matter. Am I missing something, or is that not possible yet?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

Arbitrary text selection is planned.

I love the new version, the devotionals are great. Really love the recent apps thing, works basically like tabs, I can zip between any tool with only two clicks. Delighted the app now remembers every tools last position when used, tested this by scrolling down a tool clearing it from the recents list then resetting iPad, still remembered last used position! That's the one thing I was desperate for!

The improved navigation and the enhanced pop-ups are just a couple of the things I like about the update. Great work.

David

Thanks again for the positive feedback. In case I wasn't clear, I did mean 'quick reviews' on the app store, too. ;-)

I like it as well. Good job. Thanks for the hard work.

I especially like the instant detail overhaul.

ditto. HALOT in ID on my phone is pretty stinkin awesome!

What a great update. I like the grid GoTo option. Recent Modules is nice, too!

Thanks for the hard work. This app keeps getting better and better. I was doing my iOS reading another app but now use Accordance almost exclusively.

Thanks again for the positive feedback. In case I wasn't clear, I did mean 'quick reviews' on the app store, too. ;-)

Done as requested.

I wanted to add my thanks to all the Accordance iOS team. The iOS app is maturing nicely. I especially like the new devotional function and the ability to amplify - most helpful!

Edit to add: Forgot to mention that the Library categories are nice, too. Gives it more a feel of continuity with the Mac program - even though the library search function might be more practical. Having both is vey nice. I appreciate flexibility.

Is it possible to have a simple "back" button. For example, when I highlight a word in a module, a pop up window open and I can choose, Copy, Highlight, Search and Amplify. Once I click the "Amplify," it does the job for me but I have no way to come back to previous window. What I have to do is to click the library icon and select the module that I just read. Am I missing something? Or do you think having a "back" button will help? Thanks,

Kit, two-finger swipe (right) will return to the text/tool you amplified from.

I am greatly impressed with all the thought, planning and implementation put into the latest version of Accordance for the iOS. Like some of the others I have found myself not understanding how to get back. The two-finger swipe is a very iOS like move (gesture). In order for us to truly appreciate all the new features and how to use them a podcast from Dr. J. should be around the corner. HINT HINT...

Tony Lawrence

Thanks, Tony. Blog posts, and I'm pretty sure a podcast are being planned. The help page is also being updated, and should be live soon.

The Help is live but is still in process of updating. Sorry, the server problems prevented us from doing it earlier.

I am very excited about this new release. It elevates this application even further above the competition. It is amazing the amount of information that is now available in just a few short taps. This app has to be one of the best evolved apps on the store. Keep up the good work!

SO MUCH awesome stuff in this 1.4 update!! One thing I have been waiting, pleasing and hoping for is the ability to highlight general tools, and it's here, and Imgot all excited, and then I realized that it really isn't here, and I got bummed. How come you can just highlight words and not sentences?!?!?!?

You have addressed this nicely in the texts, being able to highlight part of a verse is something that was sorely missing until now! So now that you guys have added tht feature, please add sentence highlighting to Tools!!!

It is coming along so well!! Outstanding!!!

Now all I need is the Timeline and interactive maps and I am set!!! Amazing work, thank you!!!

(and yes, I have already sung your praise in the App Store! Well deserved)

I agree with the above. Excellent update. Most of all, I thank you for the access to HALOT, BDAG, etc., in the instant details box. I think this is a huge improvement. Well done, Accordance team!

<p>I somehow managed to miss an announcement of the new version, so I'm just beginning to explore. This is a welcome and helpful update. The new capabilities are significant. But of course once you get to this level, other things become obviously necessary. Some of the comments/questions to follow may just be to the fact that I've only been able to experiment for a couple of hours thus far, so if I'm missing something, I'd be glad for a nudge in the right direction.

When amplifying or searching from a Greek word, why are the button options listed in a different order than in desktop app? iOS: inflected > lemma > root; but OSX: lemma > inflected > root. May seem like a little thing, but consistency between the two apps really helps.

I’m afraid I don’t see the purpose of the magnifying glass. How does it do anything different than simply pressing the same elements without the glass? Other than “eye candy,” is there a functional difference that I’m missing?

If I *amplify* from GNT-T to BDAG, a 2 finger right swipe takes me back to my starting place in GNT-T. That's helpful and intuitive. But if I *search,* then there is no “swipe return.” Instead the only way I’ve figured out how to get back is *3* taps: Search > History > Read, but then I’m *not* in the same place in the text; I’m in a totally different location (in the same text, yes, but not at all related to where I was!). Instead I have to remember which search option I had open—and it’s *not* always the first one listed!

Archived