Ability to combine modules

dedge85

I would like the ability to combine modules that are already divided up. For instance, I have the NICOT and NICNT commentary set and currently it is sold as two separate modules. I would like the ability to download this as one complete module.

Here's an example why: I currently have the NICOT at the top of my resources list so when I triple click a word it automatically opens up to the NICOT. This is great when working in the Old Testament but when in the New Testament, after triple clicking a word, it brings me up somewhere random in the NICOT. Then I have to change it to the NICNT. It would be easier just to triple click anywhere in the Bible and it would automatically take me there in the New International Commentary series.

-David Edge

I would like the ability to combine modules that are already divided up. For instance, I have the NICOT and NICNT commentary set and currently it is sold as two separate modules. I would like the ability to download this as one complete module. Here's an example why: I currently have the NICOT at the top of my resources list so when I triple click a word it automatically opens up to the NICOT. This is great when working in the Old Testament but when in the New Testament, after triple clicking a word, it brings me up somewhere random in the NICOT. Then I have to change it to the NICNT. It would be easier just to triple click anywhere in the Bible and it would automatically take me there in the New International Commentary series. -David Edge

This would be difficult or impossible to accomplish, but there's a decent workaround. Create a new Group for NIC then amplify to it in the resource palette (instead of triple-clicking). Here's a screen shot to illustrate:

post-5629-0-22893000-1325086774_thumb.jpg

HTH…

Rick,

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't figure out how to get the reference to amplify. I created the group but once I click on the verse, what do I do next? Do I need to right click to get the verse to amplify? I assume that this is not right because when I right click on a verse the only option that is useful is to go to My Groups, then NIC, then NICOT. What can I do to click on the verse and then for it to go to references?

Thanks for your quick reply.

David Edge

Rick,

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't figure out how to get the reference to amplify. I created the group but once I click on the verse, what do I do next? Do I need to right click to get the verse to amplify? I assume that this is not right because when I right click on a verse the only option that is useful is to go to My Groups, then NIC, then NICOT. What can I do to click on the verse and then for it to go to references?

Thanks for your quick reply.

David Edge

Click inside the verse reference, then click on the magnifying glass icon in the Resource Palette, and select the group you created. In essence it will perform a 'search all' using that verse reference. From there you can opt-click on the result to open it in a new tab/zone.

HTH…

Archived