Highlights kill Accordance

Outis

I've been experiencing more and more problems with my highlights. When I try to highlight certain texts it kills Accordance. However, when I make a new highlight file, it highlights just fine. I have a lot of highlighting over the years. So, my question is this: Is there a way to clean up or fix my (apparently corrupted) highlight file? I would hate to throw away all my highlighting over all these years.

Steve sent us his file but I couldn't get it to crash. Then he found a backup from a few months ago that doesn't crash, and reports he is happy to use that.

When you put a lot of work into Highlights, User Notes, or User Tools, we recommend that you keep frequent serial backups the files (i.e. like Time Machine, not writing over old backups). Time Machine does it for you, but if you don't use that then backup your user/Documents/Accordance files weekly. For example, you could compress the folder and label the archive with a date.

Yes, thanks Helen for your help with this. I posted this topic and then called the support number. And the people I worked with were very timely and accessible.

Time Machine is amazing. I encourage all of you to go out and get a massive hard drive and let time machine fill it up. I lost about three months of highlights, but not 10 years. Thanks again.

Archived