Customizing Instant Details glosses

RyanQuey

(Please excuse me if this is already a feature I am unaware of)

The Greek and Hebrew glosses provided in the instant details section is extremely helpful, especially for quick translating; however, there are so many times when the gloss lacks definitions/gives different definitions for words than BDB/BDAG/HALOT etc., or sometimes just different than what I've learned from a professor or my own personal study. This being the case, it would be nice if I could somehow customize different lexical forms so that when i go over a certain word, no matter where in a tagged GNT/BHS/LXX, it would pop up with my own edited definition OR side notes on a particular word.

Thanks!

No, you cannot edit the glosses, but if you press the command key you will see the definitions from your top lexicon in the Instant Details.

• 5 months later...

Can you tell us who provided the Hebrew glosses, and who/what did they use for sources?

A.D.

They were probably originally based on the Strong's lexicons but have been edited heavily over the years. However, a short gloss cannot possibly cover all the meanings of a lexical form, and never tries to show the meaning of the word in that context.

You know that when pressing command the Instant Details shows the definition of your top lexicon, so you don't need to rely on the gloss?

Helen,

Yes, I read your remark above about the command key. The reason for my question was I created a vocab list for Job, and the glosses provided are presumably those that appear in instant details, so I was just wondering where they come from.

Thank you,

A.D.