GNT and Septuagint/BHS in one Parallel Pane

Justin D. Morgan

I like to use Accordance for iOS with two parallel texts displayed: one is usually NAS95S and the other is GNT-BYZ. Of course, this leaves one pane empty when I need to reference the old testament.

It would be really great if, when selecting original language modules for the parallel pane, if Accordance allowed one to select a text to display for the Old Testament and another for the New Testament. Then I could have the Septuagint right there when I went to an Old Testament passage, without having to go through the menus and select the new text.

(I'd like to see this in Accordance for the Mac, too... but you can only have two panes with iOS.)

The feature is definitely planned for the Mac. Implementing it for the iOS may take a while longer.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have, I think, the same request for a slightly different reason. When I am looking at the LXX (Greek Old Testament), I would like to see the NETS (New English Translation of the Septuagint) in the second pane, because it is a better translation of the Greek OT than English Bibles (that translate the Hebrew). But when I switch to the Hebrew OT, I want the NIV11 or ESV instead of the NETS. And if I switch to the Greek New Testament, NETS has nothing. So it would be a help to open the same second pane that I had open the last time I opened that text in the primary pane.

• 8 months later...

The feature is definitely planned for the Mac. Implementing it for the iOS may take a while longer.

Agreed that this would be a great feature.

• 2 months later...

In theory I think this sounds great but I would prefer an interlinear option for tagged text versions as switching between the Hebrew and Greek originals is relatively easy and I have to do it to check my other resources such as the jps study bibe notes and Jewish New Testament commentary.

I really enjoy using iOS and everyone I show it to is impressed and as choosing texts for the different panels isn't too much of a hardship, there are other enhancements and additional functionality I would prefer to see first.

;o)