French Tagged Texts

JPark

Hopefully the LSG 1910 avec Strongs come to Accordance.

Unfortunately I was not able to find the person who tagged the NEG79 with Strongs which is available in BW. 

Hopefully the LSG 1910 avec Strongs come to Accordance.

Unfortunately I was not able to find the person who tagged the NEG79 with Strongs which is available in BW. 

We have some contacts at BibleWorks, and I'll try to find more info about their tagged NEG79. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's my favourite French translation. Get the translator's notes too if you can! They're great!

Edited by Iconoclaste
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I still would love to have the LSG1910 avec Strong's.

And If you go to the Online Bible in the App Store you'll see they have the NEG79 avec Strong's as an In-App Purchase.

Both are needed in Accordance. 

As you can see the tread has started 9 (in Words NINE) years ago. And there is still no French tagged text in Accordance.

And please add all tagged versions which they offer in all languages. And add the Bibles Accordance don't have. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

@Mark Allison Louis Second 1910 avec Strong's???????? I know Accordance discussed it. 

As I didn't have found the tagger of the NEG79 which was in BW this is the only one I know of. 

If someone can help for the NEG79 avec Strong's to get in touch with the person who tagged it, we would really appreciate it. 

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yes, tagged French texts. Please, please. Sooner the better.

It'd be great to have an update from an Accordance professional about where we are at with this endeavor.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I don't understand why Accordance has not brought the LSG 1910 avec Strong's. AFAIK the was in contact with the copyright holder but refused it. Interesting the LSG 1910 avec Strong's is avaible on many other platforms. 

I also have no clue if the NEG 79 avec Strong's, like BW had, is coming or what I fear not coming.

Yes, a tagged French text, e.g., NEG79 would be very helpful. I've also already said this more than once, but it would be worthwhile to add the "Nouvelle français Courant", which it the most recent French Bible translation and one that is not based on the Louis Segond version, unlike the NEG79 and the Seg révisée. The three French versions currently available in Accordance are all based on the same translation and are very close to each other. So an alternative text would not be superfluous. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nearly every Bible Software has the Louis Segond 1910 avec Strong's. Why not Accordance? 

9 minutes ago, Fabian said:

Nearly every Bible Software has the Louis Segond 1910 avec Strong's. Why not Accordance? 

Have I already said that I would love to see this in Accordance? Yes, please!!!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 2:43 PM, Mark Allison said:

We have some contacts at BibleWorks, and I'll try to find more info about their tagged NEG79. 

@Mark Allison

I guess BW don't want to license their modules. As I think they want to find it one who purchases all and develop it further.

But maybe some of the ex BW folks can tell you who has done it to get the License.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

BW had a tagged NEG79 that is copyrighted to the Société biblique de Genève. I don't know if the SBG did the tagging—I'm sure it wasn't done in-house by BW—but they are the only ones mentioned in the copyright information. If it could help, I'd be more than happy to get in touch with the SBG and see what can be done on their side. @Mark Allison, if you'd like me to do that, just let me know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Donald Cobb said:

BW had a tagged NEG79 that is copyrighted to the Société biblique de Genève. I don't know if the SBG did the tagging—I'm sure it wasn't done in-house by BW—but they are the only ones mentioned in the copyright information. If it could help, I'd be more than happy to get in touch with the SBG and see what can be done on their side. @Mark Allison, if you'd like me to do that, just let me know.

That would be great Donald; I'll take you up on your offer! Thanks!

• Like 1

@Mark Allison 

I found a Greek/Hebrew dictionary for the NEG79. https://www.clcfrance.com/concordance-des-mots-hebreux-et-grecs-de-la-bible_ref_DEQC050.html it has the https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numéros_Cochrane system. Also here https://www.cochranelibrary.com/es/cdsr/table-of-contents

As they have a dictionary, I guess they know more about a tagged Bible. 

They have both the LSG 1910 avec Strong's and the NEG79 avec Strong's https://onlinebible.freshdesk.com/fr/support/solutions/articles/19000094232-recherche-dans-la-online-bible

Please go in contact with them. There is an English site, but only on the French one the Bibles are mentioned. 

5 hours ago, Donald Cobb said:

I asked them twice. They told me they have never done a Bible with Strongs or other tagging.

4 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

That would be great Donald; I'll take you up on your offer! Thanks!

I'm tied up this week but I'll make it a point to write next week

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any update about a french tagged version? Is it coming? I really would like to get one. Darby would be a good one since it's very literal. Thank you

It's not a tagged text, but I'm working on La Nouvelle Français Courant 2018 as we speak.

• Like 3