I ran into the same verse numbering problem when I imported the Neues Leben Bibel. With each error message, I went to http://www.biblegateway.com/
, which showed in the verse notes the difference between the "numbering in Hebrew" versus the numbering in English.
Here was the tedious and time-consuming method that I used:
1) attempt to import text,
2) note error message,
3) go to www.biblegateway.com for verse notes,
4) adjust verse numbering for the two impacted chapters,
5) repeat 1 through 4 numerous times.
It was seriously tedious, but I finally completed the task.
OSX Catalina, Version 10.15.1, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB
iPad Pro (12.9, 3rd generation), iOS 13.2.2, 512 GB
iPad Pro (10.5), iOS 13.2.2, 512 GB
iPhone XS, iOS 13.2.2, 64 GB