I ran into the same verse numbering problem when I imported the Neues Leben Bibel. With each error message, I went to http://www.biblegateway.com/
, which showed in the verse notes the difference between the "numbering in Hebrew" versus the numbering in English.
Here was the tedious and time-consuming method that I used:
1) attempt to import text,
2) note error message,
3) go to www.biblegateway.com for verse notes,
4) adjust verse numbering for the two impacted chapters,
5) repeat 1 through 4 numerous times.
It was seriously tedious, but I finally completed the task.
OSX El Capitan, Version 10.11.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
iPad Pro 9.7, iOS 10.0.1, 256 GB
iPhone 6, iOS 10.0.1, 64 GB