Copying from the Russian Translation

Brian Kinzel

Can you tell me why when I copy from the Russian Bible (RUSB module) the text is pasted in the target document as the geneva font? And is there any way of changing this? I have the display set as Times New Roman, but it still ends up as Geneva, not my favorite.

thanks,

If you're using Word, after pasting, a little icon displays at the end of the pasted text. Clicking it and selecting 'match destination formatting' will match the font/size/style at the insertion point.

Also, since this Bible text doesn't have any formatting (bold, italics, etc.) you can also use Paste Special…Unformatted Text in Word (shft-cmd-opt v in other word processors) and it will match the insertion point.

HTH…

HTH…

What does HTH mean?

What does HTH mean?

hope this helps

You might consider using a text-expander utility to spell it out. I've seen that acronym many times and had no idea what it meant either.

You might consider using a text-expander utility to spell it out. I've seen that acronym many times and had no idea what it meant either.

Ha, sorry about that. :) I use TextExpander on a daily basis - not a bad idea.

I'm all against acronyms, FWIW! :D (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Edited by Ruben Gomez

Thanks. Now I do not feel so bad that I did not know. Thanks for all your help!

Rick,

Yes, I do use Word, and yes, I am continually using the "match destination formatting" button. I actually am trying to find out if I can get Accordance to just use Time New Romans font for the Russian text. I do this for other texts, and it copies as the text I select. For some reason unknown to me, the Russian comes in different.

Any tips for fixing this in Accordance?

In tool modules Accordance will retain the display font when copying, but in Unicode Bibles this isn't possible. The developers are looking into some other issues related to font designation when copying text, I can forward this on to see if there's any relation. For now, the best option is to continue to use 'Match destination…'

Edited by Rick Bennett

Rick, thanks. Guess with Russian I am stuck with extra step of changing the font. I just found this strange, since everything else (including texts) I copy from Accordance stays in the font I have designated.

I would think it worthwhile to forward this to the developers, since this seems to be anomaly.