Dictionary problems in. ios for iPad

seanrichard

I was highlighting a few difference words to see there meaning but nothing came up. When I did a manual search from a few of the dictionaries I have on accordance the words where there. Maybe it's just me having issues but better integration of the dictionaries for ios would be nice. Also maybe I'm not seeing how to do it but it would be nice to be able to highlight a word and be able to scroll through the different dictionaries the word is found in with out having to do a manual search of the word. Thanks in advance for looking at this post.

It's hard to make a suggestion or diagnose a problem based on your description. Can you provide a specific example where things are not working as you would expect or desire?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

One example is the word promiscuous in deuteronomy 22:21 using NLT second edition. When highlighted it says nothing but when done in a manual search it shows up in websters 1913 dictionary. My other question was is there a way to scroll through different dictionaries from a highlighted word that is in more then one dictionary. Also is there a way to look up and scroll from different bible study notes from a highlighted word on ios .Thanks

Your specific example works in Accordance for iOS v1.4.2 on my iPhone4 running iOS 5.1. So I'm not sure why it is not working for you. What English tools do you have installed and in what order?

As for your other questions: it sounds like you are looking for some form of a "Search All" feature for the instant details view which is currently not supported in the iOS app.

Scott

Easton,read me-modules,hcsb bullets, jps dictionary,names,nave's,Webster, photoguide 3

Easton,read me-modules,hcsb bullets, jps dictionary,names,nave's,Webster, photoguide 3

App version, iOS device, and iOS version?

And I assume you see no instant details view, just the simple menu view with choices for Copy, Highlight, Search, Amplify, correct?

App version 1.4.2 ,IOS device IPad 3, IOS version 5.1. All I see come up is copy and highlight. I don't see search or amplify like I do with other words I've tried

I tried it again and it seems to work from the text window but not when reading the verse from the devotionals. Also it seems when I amplifi a word I only get Easton as a option if the word is not found in Easton it just brings up the last thing looked up in Easton. Sorry for all the questions I have no issues using version 9 on the Mac and have only just started to learn to use IOS after the IPad 3 was released on march 16.

Archived