Cloud-Based Note Syncing Between iOS and Mac

Bodie Quirk

Kudos to the Accordance team for making the most amazing piece of Bible Software anywhere.

The iOS version of Accordance has come so far, and I am excited to see what you guys have planned for futures versions. If I may, I would like to ask for a feature, that I am sure someone else has asked for (but I just couldn't find in my search-the-forum efforts), that I think is essential now that Accordance has gone mobile: cloud syncing for notes.

I'll admit it. Cloud computing has made me lazy. Many of my favorite apps on my iOS devices sync via the cloud (Things, for to-do's; Calendar, Contacts, Email (via iCloud), Dropbox for all my documents, etc). I love that I can download my Accordance modules via the cloud at any time, but what Accordance really needs is two-way syncing for notes.

I would love to see the notes I take in Accordance on my iPad during church to automatically appear in Accordance for the desktop, and vice versa. I would love to see all my notes that I have added during my studies at my desk sync to my iPad when I launch the app.

Of course, I can sync the two when I get back into wifi land, and no, it is not that hard. I am just lazy and never do it. It would be great if I could sync my notes to Accordance's servers, and have them live next to my modules.

I don't think that I am the only one with this wish, but I wanted to express it, but emphasize how much I love what Accordance already does, and how amazing it is.

Thanks

You're certainly not the only one with this wish.

Scott.

I didn't think so, but I wanted to post about how wonderful it would be. Thanks!! Hope to see it soon.

• 3 months later...

With Mountain Lion's increased usage of iCloud, I find I'd love to see this implemented as well. Any updates on if this is coming and how it's progressing?

Dropbox will probably come before iCloud.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I look forward to this whether Dropbox or iCloud.

With the Windows announcement DB makes the most sense. Of course, some apps let you use both.

OK, now I'm just being cheeky :D

Dropbox is fine with me as well! I use it more than iCloud anyway since I have an Android phone!