Customizing Daily Reading

Outis

Hello,

I'm through my own reading plan now and thought I'd take a look at the Accordance daily reading schedule. It looks pretty interesting. But how do I customize it? For example, when I use the "window > daily reading" path in the menus it opens the reading plan according to date. But the reference pane takes up too much space and the whole window is off-center. How can I customize it so that it opens up all nice and pretty-looking?

Thanks all,

As this is an automated tool, its a bit limited in what it does. For example, some devotionals are very text/devotional heavy, with limited to no scripture references. On the other hand, other devotionals are just scripture links, where the scripture pane should be the primary one. Since the daily reading works automatically, it can't know which type of devotional this is, or the user's thoughts, so it just estimates best by putting it in the middle.

However, I think its an excellent idea to be able to save a Daily Reading session that has your favorite module, other tools, sizing, etc, similar to your Startup Session. This wouldn't be too hard to program, but we have a whole lot of other really awesome things already on our list. I'd hope to see this feature some point in the not-too-distant-future, but we won't have a chance to do it right away.

• 4 months later...

Along these lines, I wonder if anyone else would be interested in customizing the content of a daily reading plan (ala User Tool Reading Plan / Devotional). Or to be able to set the starting date, so that the user is not stuck starting out on "today" date every time (granted, I'm sure most people don't mind this most of the time, as most of the reading plans and devotionals are note date/order sensitive). Some are, and a user-designed plan might certainly be.

On the iOS version, I miss the capability to skip to a specific date, rather than just the up/down arrows (I think it was there before). If it wasn't, I would sure like it to be!

Thanks for the consideration. My post might be better placed in the "Feature Requests" forum, but it seemed to be on topic with this one as well.

-Scott

Edited by Scott Stringer

• 6 months later...

I too, would add a vote to put user-customazion of the Daily Reading plan on a future to-do agenda.

For my use, I like to choose my Reading list from the options along with Bible of choice, but also like to add the Instant Details box to the bottom of the workspace and a reference to the right of the Bible. While I've created this as a custom workspace, I loose the functionality of the menu bar icon, and the date does not advance automatically, small issues to be sure.

The great news is that the folks at Accordance are the best and we know this feature request will be considered as appropriate. In the meantime, I'm happy to wait for the other awesome things on their list.