Export Word Frequency List to Excel

brenshaw833

I am wanting to export a search of frequency list of words into an excel file to then make notecards. When I try to copy and paste from the analysis tab it doesn't copy correctly into an excel spreadsheet. Any suggestions?

It doesn't necessarily need to be an excel but even a .csv file would do. I have attached what I would like to export.

post-31683-0-31989000-1336578930_thumb.jpg

I assume you mean it does't place the Greek words in a separate cell from the rest of the content? If so, this is tweaked in 9.6 (currently in beta) and should work better. I just tested with your example (or something similar to your example) and get the following:

post-5629-0-14355900-1336582632_thumb.png

As a tip (if you didn't already know), when using the count command on a custom range of verses, be sure to use the [RANGE ] command, and not the drop down menu of your custom ranges. Using the latter will constrain the hits to only that range, and not the entire GNT, which is usually what most people want with this type of search.

• 8 months later...

I have a question similar to brenshaw833's. First of all, what are the search commands to export the list of words like you did? Second, is there a way to have Accordance sort the list by the number of times each word occurs? For example, first list all the words that appear once, then twice, and so on.

If you open the Analysis Word Counts after your search, you have the option of sorting by count up or count down (Brenshaw's initial post in this thread shows alphabetical, but you can use the pull down menu to select other options).

To get this list open the relevant text (e.g. GNT-T)

For list of all words across the whole text just type [COUNT 1-99999] then open the analysis window. As Michael says the analysis window can then be sorted.

If you are just interested in the words in a book then use the range commands with the count [COUNT 1-99999] <and> [RANGE Jn]

If you are interested in lower frequency words only (i.e. only those that occurs 1-30 times in the NT) then just change the count accordingly. This is where the type of range you use becomes important as mentioned by Rick. If you use the range command [COUNT 1-99999] <and> [RANGE Jn] it uses the frequency of the word across the NT. If you use the range drop down it uses the frequency in that particular selected range. These therefore give different results.

There is actually no need to use the COUNT command to find all the words, just use the *. The COUNT command limits the hits to those in the specified range.