Updated ESV (Can I have an archive of the old one?)

Outis

Hello,

Through 'instant update' I downloaded the newest version of the ESV. However, would there be a way i can also keep an older version of the ESV on my computer for comparison purposes?

With the the update to the NIV, it has been nice to compare the NIV11 to the NIV84. I'd like to be able to do the same with the ESV. Are there any options for this?

Edited by Outis

I don't think it's possible to compare them in the same way as the NIV, but you could update the ESVS without updating the ESV.

I couldn't find a description of the changes from the link, so I assumed that the update was just formatting or spelling fixes.

Was there something significant about this update that I missed? Or is that the question you're also trying to answer? :)

Yes, indeed, that's the question I'm trying to answer. I'd like to know what differences there are between the 2011 version and the 2006 version. And using the 'compare' feature of Accordance would be very handy.

The ESVS / ESV trick Jonathan mentioned is probably your best bet. You could also revert to a TM backup prior to the update if you updated both already.

Regarding the text, I will say that when the publisher submitted it to us for the update we made all the changes by hand, instead of re-developing the text from scratch, which means the changes were minor enough to warrant doing it this way. There were some changes in wording, but from what I recall when scanning over them they were minor, in addition to typos, punctuation, etc.

Can you fix the text formatting issue in Galatians 2:15-16? I've actually reported this once before. There are improper indenting of lines.

Can you fix the text formatting issue in Galatians 2:15-16? I've actually reported this once before. There are improper indenting of lines.

For some reason this wasn't in my list of errors to correct, so it will have to wait for next time. Can you do me a huge favor and report again through Accordance so it gets logged? It's a very trivial fix, but not worth the effort to re-issue an update just yet.

Sure thing, Rick. Thanks for the great work you and the Accordance team do!

• Like 1