100% CPU usage while selecting text

Bob Kuo

I'm using Accordance 9.6 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I noticed that if I have select some text in a tool, while I'm holding down the mouse button or click-dragging to make a selection accordance pegs one of my CPU at 100% usage. The moment I let go of the mouse button the usage drops back down.

post-30269-0-73220500-1338418931_thumb.png

I checked and this happens on my system as well — one core maxes out.

fwiw, I cannot reproduce; running 10.7.3.

I can reproduce it; running 10.6.8.

Wow. I get this too. Went up to 100.1% CPU usage. Icky.

OSX 10.7.4

Accordance 9.6

I could reproduce it under OS X 10.7.4

Confirmed here as well. However, all you have to do is click and hold in Tools OR Bible pane. One core will go to 100% or better.

All panes I have opened will do this no matter the resources involved.

Hope this helped.

9.6 on 10.7.4

We'll definitely take a look as to why its spiking during a drag, but it's been present since at least 9.0 (didn't look back farther than that), and it is only during temporary and relatively short-lived user action. I'm not saying its ok, just saying that the effect is fairly minimal till we fix it.

Agreed, Never even noticed it before it was reported today. The load releases as soon as task is done. Just nice to know that you folks will look into and thus, It will get resolved.

Yes, I don't think it constitutes a major problem - I only noticed it because I have CPU meters on my menu bar. Nevertheless, just thought you all should know.