Wrong verse matching in user Bibles

johnlee

I have imported some user Bibles. I just found that all of them there is three empty verses inserted between Deut 17:20 and Deut 18:1. When I open other texts, such ESV or BHS, after Deut 18:1 to the end of Deut, there is a three verses gap between my imported texts and other texts.

I've checked my original text files, and there's nothing between Deut 17:20 and Deut 18:1.

Thank you!

post-29821-0-87402900-1338789414_thumb.png

Edited by Moon Ling

Please try adding blank verses (just the reference) for each missing verse.

Thank you for your reply. But I don't think there're any missing verses in my text. My texts have Deu 17:1-20 and 18:1-22, but after I import my texts, there are three empty verses inserted before Deu 18:1. As a result, Deu 18:1 of my texts parallel with Deu 18:4 of build-in texts, but it should parallel with Deu 18:1. I hope you'd understand my clumsy description. You may have a look to the screen shot I upload before, though you may not able to read the content in Chinese, but you could locate the problem with verse number. Thank you.

I have the same problem here with Latvian Bible. When I place both NRSV and Latvian Bibles side by side, there is 5 verses difference in sync. Verse content is correct, but somehow Latvian Bible lags 5 verses behind English Bibles. And it's strange that wrong verses are highlighted in the Latvian Bible. See the screenshot.

post-634-0-50153900-1338995302_thumb.png

Edited by Guntis

Maybe another screen shot would help describing the problem. I use my own imported text to do a verse search (Deu 17-18), then open two parallel pane, ESV and CUNP-TRAD, you would see the build-in texts skip Deu 18:1-3, while the content of both Deu 18:4 of my own imported text and CUNP-TRAD are the same. Thank you!

post-29821-0-33928700-1339034042_thumb.png

Please email to me your text files as prepared for Accordance to import, and we will look into the problem.

The same problem with NRSVS and Message: I scroll to Matt 5:14 in NRSVS, but Message is scrolled to 5:15.

post-634-0-16638900-1339401091_thumb.png

Guntis: You told me that you found extra verses in your Latvian Bible. Does this not fix your problem? Your screenshot does not show any discrepancy.

There are some extra verses in Latvian Bible. I think that in some cases it's similar to LXX verse numbering. Then we don't have Malachi 4 at all, we have longer 3rd chapter. Also, in English you have "0" verses in Psalms, we don't, we start with verse 1. So almost every Psalm adds shift by 1 verse. Syncing panes by chapters instead of by the beginning of a particular book would easily solve this problem. 1 verse up or down is nothing, but if there is shift of 4-6 verses, then it becomes problematic.

Edited by Guntis