9.6 keeps requiring unlock code and crashes

Pastor Vassar

I updated with 9.6. Upon initial use of it, it ask for my unlock code. After a few minutes it crashed. When I reopened it, it asked for unlock code again. Then it crashed. This is now the repeated cycle every single time. Anyone else having this issue? Any corrections?

If you don't mind, I'd like to see this in person. I've sent you a private message with contact info.

I don't have a problem with 9.6 asking for my unlock code, but 9.6 seems to crash unexpectedly much more than any previous iterations if Accordance 8 or 9. Even when switching from one text to another, or sometimes, just out of the blue, the system crashes.

I don't have a problem with my unlock code, but generally, 9.6 seems much more susceptible to crashing than any previous iterations of Accordance 8 or 9. I think I had it crash 6 or 7 times yesterday within a period of about two hours. Can get quite frustrating.

Can you see what triggers the crash each time? We cannot track them unless they are repeatable. The next update should help, but please report any sequence that crashes often, even if not always.

There doesn't seem to be any particular sequence which causes the crashes. At times, it's just switching from one text to another, at other times, it's attempting to edit a user note, etc. Again yesterday, I had 3 crashes within half an hour, and non was repeatable.

Can you see what triggers the crash each time? We cannot track them unless they are repeatable. The next update should help, but please report any sequence that crashes often, even if not always.

I too have had random crashes, and not the kind that invokes the crash reporter, it simply quit. However, I do know what I was doing when 3-4 crashes happened today. I had six panes open, 3 texts, 2 commentaries, and my user notes. I was typing in my user notes and moved the cursor to scroll the text and before I could get to the pane to scroll Accordance simply disappeared. I lost what I had typed since my last save. As far as the other crashes I cannot remember what I was doing.

Hope this helps...

Tony Lawrence

We have fixed a number of potential crashes for 9.6.2, so we hope that will help when it is released.