Accordance vs BibleWorks

robrecht

I believe Accordance on Windows will be a game-changer for the Bible software industry.

What we're writing is not a simple "port" of the Mac program, with all the hassles that brings. We've witnessed what happens to other companies that have tried this approach [in all sorts of software, not just Bible software]. It can be a real mess. We're re-writing Accordance specifically for Windows, to be as fast and fully-featured on Windows as it is on the Mac.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of head-to-head speed trials and feature comparisons on identical machines in 2013. May the best program win!

• Like 4

Dr. J and Robrecht, please forgive me jumping in here to answer Helen's note of help (which I have only just spotted! sorry Helen). So far no strange markings! I am now going to click the electric switch button as suggested to see what happens! Well, the font just went a bit different and grey; that's is all I noticed. Hope all goes well when I click "Post"!

Kevin.

So that worked! I really don't know what happened to my previous attempts above!

Well done Kevin. Just call it a miracle and smile!

Thank you Ken, I am not sure what the sign is for "DG for miracles" but here is the smile :) !

I believe Accordance on Windows will be a game-changer for the Bible software industry.

What we're writing is not a simple "port" of the Mac program, with all the hassles that brings. We've witnessed what happens to other companies that have tried this approach [in all sorts of software, not just Bible software]. It can be a real mess. We're re-writing Accordance specifically for Windows, to be as fast and fully-featured on Windows as it is on the Mac.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of head-to-head speed trials and feature comparisons on identical machines in 2013. May the best program win!

If you'd like, I'd be wiling to do some of these head-to-head comparisons for you. My 30-day trial of BibleWorks expired just a couple of days prior to the announcement of Accordance for Windows. :'-( So I already have BibleWorks; I would just need a complimentary copy of Accordance. ;-)

We are not ready for beta testers yet, let alone reviewers.

This will in fact be an ongoing port of Accordance for Mac. The clear advantage of doing so is that it will stay current with the Mac version, and immediately incorporate new features.

... We're re-writing Accordance specifically for Windows, to be as fast and fully-featured on Windows as it is on the Mac...

This is very exciting news, indeed!

I am aware that on the Mac version of Accordance, one is able to execute queries on (טעמי המקרא) cantillation/Trope patterns in the BHS as well as on the נְקֻדּוֹת and roots. So, I am wondering if these same type of search capabilities will be included in the PC version of Accordance to be released next year?

For example if someone needed to find all the occurrences of Etnachta Clauses (where the following cantilltation marks appear in this order: mercha, tipcha, munach, and etnachta) in the Pentateuch. Will, such a query be possible on the upcoming PC version of Accordance?

Thanks in advance

I have Accordance, BibleWorks, and Logos. As far as I know, only BibleWorks allows you to do your own morphological tagging.

We plan to support all the features of Accordance on Mac on the PC version.

Thank you!