SEARCH ENTIRE GREEK BIBLE AT ONCE (LXX & NT) + LOEB?

Enoch

I was just thinking how nice it would be for word study to be able to do the Search Lemma on a word in the Greek NT and also get (seamlessly) the occurrences in the LXX.

(Or should I get really expansive and ask for the option to include the entire Koine Corpus?

Say menu choices after right click:

1- Search Lemma NT

2- Search Lemma LXX & NT

3- Search Lemma NT, LXX, & the Entire Koine Corpus

This would be a lexicographical dream!

IMHO, it would be more valuable to me to be able to do this than to check commentaries on a verse.

One might start with option 3 being

3-Search Lemma, NT, LXX, & all the public domain volumes of Loeb's Classical Library (Greek books),

at the start this would be just the Koine volumes of Loeb (200 BC-AD 200).

Of course Loeb is also useful because the facing pages of the Greek text are English translation.

I don't know if Loeb is now available as a computerized text.

You can now set up a Search All group in the Library, and search those texta and tools for anything. We are hoping to allow a display pane to combine an OT and NT text, but it's stil in the planning stages.

Please remember that on the internet ALL CAPS is equivalent to SHOUTING and is best avoided. I can edit the message title for you if you want.

Another option, in some circumstances, is to create a Favorite Workspace with the texts you are interested in in separate tabs. Amplify to that workspace, and all the tabs will run a search for the word you have amplified from. I use this a lot in my Greek Word studies.

I'll be thrilled when Accordance is able to implement OT/NT texts in one pane, but for the time being, the Favorite Workspace trick has worked really well for me.