Concordance and truncated verses

danzac

I am creating a concordance of Greek words in the GNT that are frequency 1-100. I am wondering if there is any way to get Accordance NOT to truncate the verses. So for example, Accordance gives me this right now:

ἄβυσσος abyss (9)

Luke 8:31; Rom 10:7; Rev 9:1–2, 11; 11:7; 17:8; 20:1, 3

Is there a way to get it to output like this (always showing the book names):

ἄβυσσος abyss (9)

Luke 8:31; Rom 10:7; Rev 9:1–2, 11; Rev 11:7; Rev 17:8; Rev 20:1, 3

Thanks in advance

I don't think it's a pref, but with some minimal editing you can add the context via regular expression / grep. And since Accordance will create the entire concordance in a few seconds, I think that sounds like a reasonable trade-off. :)

what does grep. mean?

what does grep. mean?

The ability to manipulate text based on regular expression matching (cf. Wiki). I assumed with your tech skills you were already familiar with this; sorry.

I don't use command line. But I'm a master in Mellel and will do find and replace there to get my concordance how I need it. thanks.

I don't use command line. But I'm a master in Mellel and will do find and replace there to get my concordance how I need it. thanks.

I was specifically talking about using a text editor like BBEdit or TextWrangler to do the editing. But, the 'Insert Element' items in Mellel's Find/Replace are basically grep searches, just not as advanced or customizable it seems.