Can anyone help me with arranging my screen so it stays in place?

David Foster

Only a few of you will understand this! You know those type of people that have to have their papers/pens/computer symmetrically lined up on their desk? That's me... the guy that has to walk around the table and push the chairs in so they're all flush.

So it brings me much distress when my accordance 'screen'/workspace is 'off' every time I open up accordance. What happens is that I set my workspace (centre), resource palette (top left), highlights (lower left) and instant details box (bottom all the way across) so that they are all flush and PERFECTLY pushed together- there is no overlap on any of the sides or top to bottom. I then save that session as my default session so that the next time I open accordance it will be EXACTLY the same setup.

However. That's not what happens. Every time I open up accordance there is always a couple of spots that 'change', the highlights box shrinks by a few millimetres and the instant details box grows so that it goes over the edge of the workspace.

What I'm been wondering, but to embarrassed to ask until know, is am I doing something wrong or can this 'bug' be fixed so that when you open up accordance it automatically 'fits' symmetrically together within your window (sort of like the new feature on Lion when you expand an app to view full screen- perfect coverage across the screen as well as perfect symmetry.

Sorry if this seems trite, and I don't want to waste anyones time, but I really do hope there's a solution!

Thanks,

David

I'm sorry about this funny tweak behavior, but we are actually working on some really exciting improvements that should address your concerns and more. To try and address this behavior, perhaps you could post some screenshots of your workspace before you quit, then the difference one you reopen? You can take screenshots with Shift-Command-3, and then attach them to your reply. (You may need to click 'More Reply Options' when replying to be able to attach items).

Here's the screen shots, the first is the fixed version, the second, after opening Accordance with the 'shift'.

post-31126-0-15781000-1344431864_thumb.png

post-31126-0-71227700-1344431954_thumb.png

Let me know if they show up okay...

Thanks.

I've also noticed that the Instant Details palette always jumps up by a few pixels if I adjust it to the very bottom edge of the screen. My temporary solution: I made it less tall and readjusted its position until the top of it got locked to the same place when I reopened app. Not perfect, but at least it doesn't move anymore. And few pixels at the bottom of the screen — not so bad if the Desktop background picture is dark.