Accordance 10

Fr. Rusty Matheny

Triple click on Greek words does not open any dictionary/lexical works.

Triple click on English words does open dictionaries .

Just though you should know.

Thanks for the great upgrade.

Blessings all , know you are having a very busy day.

Rusty+

• Like 1

It's now looking for the new Greek and Hebrew dictionaries which you will find offered in Easy Install. Just download one set from Easy Install, and then check again, any other items apparently incomplete may then disappear.

Rusty, you beat me to it. I am having the same issue. Otherwise I simply love the improvements!

Tony Lawrence

Helen, could it be that some of us downloaded the new dictionaries before we upgraded to Accordance 10? They are not showing up now in the Easy Install or Updates.

Tony Lawrence

The triple-click for most Key texts now open the KM Hebrew Dictionary or the Mounce Greek Dictionary. If you have them, no need to download them, but do Check for Content Updates as they were updated last week. Let us know if you have the latest modules and the triple-click still isn't working, and for which texts.

Nothing showing up in updates sections.

Should I re-download the installer and use the larger file from the installer page?

Nope, seems to be a bug. No matter what, last minute bug fixes always cause some sort of a problem. We'll be pushing out 10.0.1 pretty shortly to fix this and any other release issues.

The Mounce tools are in my Library, but cannot access them through texts.

Ok, Thanks Joel. Will try to find a "workaround" in the mean time.

Just so you know: Cannot access "any" greek tools from greek text ( GNT-T) , in any fashion, from the text. Right click, triple click, amplify . Cannot find work around at this point.

Know you folks are super busy, so no panic here, just thought you would want to know.

Blessings.

Rusty+

When I triple click a Greek word, I want BDAG - nothing else. When I triple click a Hebrew word, I want HALOT - nothing else. If I want to see other modules I will open them, please do not make Accordance default to any but my choices. Also, even though when I triple click on an English word, it opens an English (wrong one) Dictionary, I still get the cryptic message that "there are no words to use in the selected text." I'll buy an ice cream cone for the first person who can tell me what that even means.

Fr. Rich: ( Get my IceCream Cone ready ) It means something is broken! hahaha.

Come on, that was funny!

I think we can still set our own defaults. I just think the linking between them is broken at this time, something probably didn't get compiled or compiled correctly. They will get it fixed quickly I feel very sure.

Until the bug is fixed, move your context slider back to "0" and all will be well.

Thanks Mark! Yep, that fixed it.

We need to cross post this to the other threads.

Rusty+

OK. Come see me in Huntington, Indiana and I'll take you to a great ice cream place down by Taylor University.

Sounds great! Last time I was there was a few years ago at the annual International Conference on Computing and Missions. :-)

It's a miracle! Triple click is working just fine now. Maybe it just needed to wake up.

Until the bug is fixed, move your context slider back to "0" and all will be well.

THANK YOU!

Tony Lawrence

I am having trouble selecting text (like if I want to highlight something or copy it). Sometimes it works, often it does not. Is this a known problem with Accordance 10?

I am having trouble selecting text (like if I want to highlight something or copy it). Sometimes it works, often it does not. Is this a known problem with Accordance 10?

I think it might be related to instant details. If you drag just about as soon as you click, I find it works. If you you click and hold but do not drag quick enough instant details gets called. If you start clicking on or next to a word that doesn't have a key number associated with it, you will not get either a selection or ID.

I do believe it's a known issue that's being tweaked/worked on, however.

I just had a crash trying to define a region layer in the atlas, and when I restarted the application window is pushed up under the finder bar. There seems to be no way to bring it back down...

I just had a crash trying to define a region layer in the atlas, and when I restarted the application window is pushed up under the finder bar. There seems to be no way to bring it back down...

Never mind - I tiled my windows and it popped back down.

I upgrade from version 9 Library Premier to version 10 Essentials. Easy install says I am missing Atlas 2.2 and BHS Latin Key. When I attempt to download, it downloads HMT-W4. That volume appears in my library as does BHS guide. The two missing modules are not in my library and they do not download. Every time I try to download the missing modules, it downloads HMT-W4 . Any help would be appreciated.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Here is a screen shot of what I described above.

Hope somebody can help.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

post-31190-0-06932600-1345494332_thumb.png

Edited by rcue

Here is a screen shot of what I described above.

Hope somebody can help.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

post-31190-0-06932600-1345494332_thumb.png

It looks like a possible glitch on the database side, which Helen will have to check out. Hang in there until she responds; she and others will likely not sleep until every sales order and support request if fulfilled! :)

Never mind - I tiled my windows and it popped back down.

We noticed this late in beta testing (last night?) and reported it…I expect a fix is already in the works.