Accordance 10

Fr. Rusty Matheny

Rick:

I am having the exact same issue with the Atlas and BHS Latin Key as Randy above.

Rick:

I am having the exact same issue with the Atlas and BHS Latin Key as Randy above.

While it doesn't solve the problem, it is good to know i"m not alone. I'm confident the problem will be solve soon, but thanks Greg for being in the boat with me.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

No problem, Randy! :)

I'm sure this will get worked out. I have PLENTY of other new resources to try out tonight!

I have found a new bug. When amplifying a word to the Mounce Dictionary, one can click on the list of translations below the definition and it will show all the usages of that word in that specific translation. It works correctly with the all the translations except the NKJV. (And yes I do have the NKJVS module). When clicking this one I get a dialog box that says, "The characters in this hyperlink are invalid or ambiguous."

Tony Lawrence

Edited by Tony Lawrence

I have found a new bug. When amplifying a word to the Mounce Dictionary, one can click on the list of translations below the definition and it will show all the usages of that word in that specific translation. It works correctly with the all the translations except the NKJV. (And yes I do have the NKJVS module). When clicking this one I get a dialog box that says, "The characters in this hyperlink are invalid or ambiguous."

Tony Lawrence

Can you provide a specific example?

Can you provide a specific example?

When I triple-click on "circumspectly" in the NKJVS it amplifies to akribos. If I click the "9x" I get the results in GNT-T, when I click the translations below the definition it will take me to the tagged edition of each of those translations. However, when I click the NKJV it gives me the dialog box I previously mentioned. A screen shot of both are attached.

post-29479-0-61595200-1345556515_thumb.png

post-29479-0-87515700-1345556740_thumb.png

When I triple-click on "circumspectly" in the NKJVS it amplifies to akribos. If I click the "9x" I get the results in GNT-T, when I click the translations below the definition it will take me to the tagged edition of each of those translations. However, when I click the NKJV it gives me the dialog box I previously mentioned. A screen shot of both are attached.

What version of the dictionary are you using? I'm not getting that error here. But, I did find another item that needs to be edited: the two Strong's numbers need to be merged into one, and the texts updated to reflect this as well. And there shouldn't be a hyperlink on G199. There were other instances that had Strong's numbers listed like this and I corrected them.

However, I'm still not getting a bad hyperlink error. Please let me know if updating corrects this.

What version of the dictionary are you using?

I am using version 3.0.

Feel free to do a screen share. My AIM ID is alawrence57.

Hmm, I'm stumped then. I looked at my source text and saw no reason why clicking on the NKJVS link in that entry would cause an error. But, I did update that entry and made sure the link was correct, and now it links to either G199 or G197 so you get all 9 hits. I'll include this in a future update (not sure when it will get pushed out - maybe a couple weeks or sooner if more issues are reported).

Thanks…

Every time I attempt to download I get download failed safari cannot download this file message? Downloading to iPad with latest software. Any ideas? Tried powering off and back.... Same result.

It looks like a possible glitch on the database side, which Helen will have to check out. Hang in there until she responds; she and others will likely not sleep until every sales order and support request if fulfilled! :)

We noticed this late in beta testing (last night?) and reported it…I expect a fix is already in the works.

Update 10.0.1 did not fix this problem. Any idea when it will be addressed? Don't mean to seem impatient :) .

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Update 10.0.1 did not fix this problem. Any idea when it will be addressed? Don't mean to seem impatient :) .

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Can you clarify what the issue is? There are two items that seem to be alluded to in what you quoted.

Rick:

I think he is referring to the inability to download through Easy Install the Atlas and BHS Latin Key. I am also having that issue. It appears to download a 5.1MB file that is probably supposed to be the BHS Latin Key. The identifier in the download progress bar window states something like "HMT-W4 . . .". At any rate, neither the BHS Latin key nor the Atlas actually download and show as being available in Easy Install even after repeated attempts.

I am sure everyone there is really busy and this will eventually get worked out.

Rick:

I think he is referring to the inability to download through Easy Install the Atlas and BHS Latin Key. I am also having that issue. It appears to download a 5.1MB file that is probably supposed to be the BHS Latin Key. The identifier in the download progress bar window states something like "HMT-W4 . . .". At any rate, neither the BHS Latin key nor the Atlas actually download and show as being available in Easy Install even after repeated attempts.

I am sure everyone there is really busy and this will eventually get worked out.

That is correct.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

That is correct.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Randy, can you try running Easy Install again to see if those items are now installing properly? Helen and Joel are working on this as I write.

Rick

I don't have my Mac with me today or I would try it.

I wonder if this is also somehow related to the half dozen or so 'missing' modules from the Essentials package which I reported in another thread?

Hmm, I'm stumped then. I looked at my source text and saw no reason why clicking on the NKJVS link in that entry would cause an error. But, I did update that entry and made sure the link was correct, and now it links to either G199 or G197 so you get all 9 hits. I'll include this in a future update (not sure when it will get pushed out - maybe a couple weeks or sooner if more issues are reported).

Thanks…

Rick, I wanted to let you know what I did to attempt to see if I had a corrupted module(s). I removed the NKJVS from my library and then ran Easy Install and it downloaded a fresh copy of the NKJV with Strongs Group. The problem remained. So next I deleted the Mounce Greek Dictionary. In the Easy Install it showed up twice, part of the Mounce Study Bundle and part of the Accordance 10 Starter Set. I tried doing each one individually to see if that made a difference. The one attached to the Mounce Study Bundle was version 2, the one with Accordance 10 Starter was version 3. However both exhibited the same issue. I am wondering if it is a NKJVS issue since the same issue also happens with the KM Hebrew Dictionary when I click on the NKJV there as well? I am open to suggestions such as deleting preferences, etc. if you think that will help.

Just for info, I am running 10.8, and Accordance 10.0.1 on a 24" iMac. I know there are others with much more serious issues than this but sometimes they may be connected so I wanted to report it. And, by the way, thanks for all you guys are doing.

Rick, I wanted to let you know what I did to attempt to see if I had a corrupted module(s). I removed the NKJVS from my library and then ran Easy Install and it downloaded a fresh copy of the NKJV with Strongs Group. The problem remained. So next I deleted the Mounce Greek Dictionary. In the Easy Install it showed up twice, part of the Mounce Study Bundle and part of the Accordance 10 Starter Set. I tried doing each one individually to see if that made a difference. The one attached to the Mounce Study Bundle was version 2, the one with Accordance 10 Starter was version 3. However both exhibited the same issue. I am wondering if it is a NKJVS issue since the same issue also happens with the KM Hebrew Dictionary when I click on the NKJV there as well? I am open to suggestions such as deleting preferences, etc. if you think that will help.

Just for info, I am running 10.8, and Accordance 10.0.1 on a 24" iMac. I know there are others with much more serious issues than this but sometimes they may be connected so I wanted to report it. And, by the way, thanks for all you guys are doing.

I still cannot reproduce this even after downloading all new modules and following your example. Can we screenshare?

I still cannot reproduce this even after downloading all new modules and following your example. Can we screenshare?

yes, AIM alawrence57

We were able to track down the issue Tony was having and have reported it to be fixed.

Randy, can you try running Easy Install again to see if those items are now installing properly? Helen and Joel are working on this as I write.

Rick,

Easy Install gave me 20 new modules. I guess the atlas is there, but it will not let me use "infrared" or "Night Vision" or "Satellite" settings. Also, Easy Install still showed BHS Latin Key missing. When I tried to download it, it downloaded our old frien HMT-W4 arain.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Rick and Randy:

I concur in most of what Randy wrote. However, the Night Vision, Infrared and Satellite settings were accessible after I located them for Accordance. When I tried those maps, I was presented with the dialog to find the files. Once I did that they work as expected. The other maps worked as expected immediately with no interaction from me.

Still missing the BHS Latin Key - similar experience to Randy on that one.

Hey Greg, where did you find those maps? Oops, I found them. We guys from Illinois need to stick together the way our state is going :blink: .

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Glad you found them!

I must say the Atlas program is pretty awesome!

Hey Greg,

Run easy install now. The problem has been fixed. I talked with Keith from Accordance tech support last evening and he along with others resolved the problem. You are right about the maps!

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

• Like 1