Accordance 10 - WOW!

JonathanHuber

I didn't have this happen for me on my end so I can't offer any reason for it. Possibly one of the developers may know more about it. Sorry I don't have an explanation but I'm glad the download link helped. :)

In my up grade, Accordance 10 is rebuilding my whole library via easy install.

Should that procedure be taken for granted / normal behavior?

No, this is not normal. Please contact me so we can find out why.

This is just too much "Good Stuff" to take in all at once! Accordance, when you do something, you really do it right! Now if only I could stop playing with and gazing at all the new features in version 10 (including the amazing new site), I would be able to concentrate on my studies again! :D Thank you Accordance!

Edited by Mark Nigro

Mark, you remind me of the early (1994) reviewer who said Accordance should come with a warning that it caused sleepless nights.

Julie,

The app is $.01 less than $50... It's just too much for me to pay for an upgrade right now, esp. when there are actual modules I need.

Ryan, that is a difficult decision. New modules are always tempting, even though Darin is correct and the new collections are a great value and include both Accordance 10 and additional modules. I was a poor student for too long not to remember how hard it is to make those kinds of difficult financial decisions.

However, we have recently released a free dot update to Accordance 9, Accordance 9.6.6. That news may have gotten buried in all our excitement over 10's release. I hope it is some encouragement to you.

The new features in Accordance 10 look great. I do have some questions though: 1) can the library window be hidden; 2) once the instant details windows is detached, can it be set to "automatically fade" like in Accordance 9.x?

Those are really the only two questions that I can think of right now prior to upgrading.

Thanks.

Yes! The Library can be hidden.

I meant to include that in the podcast and only just this morning realize I forgot that section. Just click the Library icon in the Toolbar to show or hide the Library. You can also make it a pop over. make the change in Accordance>Preferences>Appearance. Using the shift key will override the current preference.

Julie, The app is $.01 less than $50... It's just too much for me to pay for an upgrade right now, esp. when there are actual modules I need.

Ryan - Sorry about that. We were "impoverished" students at one time, too. At this point we're "retired" and things aren't quite as tight anymore.

I know Accordance has discounts for students, academia, and I think for pastors & missionaries, too - that bunch of folks who really need the resources & are usually not "rolling in money" (how much money is that, anyway?). I hope your decision making process goes smoothly. Accordance modules make good Christmas and birthday gifts. That is what I always ask for - that or books.

Julie

I'm a new user to Accordance, had version 9x for several months but never really became comfortable with it. I upgraded to v. 10 last night and love it. It seems more intuitive to me and much easier for me to navigate and use.

Thanks for a great upgrade and a terrific program!

Rich

• Like 1

I want to say that you have done a great job with the new version. Thanks.

David

I just purchased the version 9 premier library last month. I don't know if this new version is gonna be good news or bad news to me. When I purchased my Macbookair last month (for the sole purpose of using Accordance) Apple provided a free upgrade for Mountain Lion for those who bought their machines within I believe 2 months prior to releasing the New OSX. That's an awesome deal. Are you also able to serve the same kind of service to your brand new customers?

If you look under 'store' and upgrades on the website you will find the info you want.

If you bought Acc9 on or after 1 May 2012 there is a code to get a free upgrade to 10.

• Like 1

The new features of v.10 are making some of my older module purchases refreshingly interesting.

The new features of v.10 are making some of my older module purchases refreshingly interesting.

Chuck,

Thanks for voicing your observation on this. This is a fundamental element that is very much overlooked—namely, the nexus between content and manipulation. I was aware of this before I started to write code myself, which action is the main reason (or rebuttal) to why I never acquiesce to the premise, "They all [bible Software] do the same thing, so it doesn't matter which one you use." Such a statement could only come from a culture who places more value on teleological outcome and not on phenomenological experience. Writing code is tantamount to writing a cogent essay—well done to the programmers of Accordance who have written a master piece (just so you know, I am a text and tool developer; thus, I am not praising myself here).

Edited by James Tucker

Apple provided a free upgrade for Mountain Lion for those who bought their machines within I believe 2 months prior to releasing the New OSX. That's an awesome deal. Are you also able to serve the same kind of service to your brand new customers?

Absolutely! As Steve points out we are offering free upgrades for all customers who purchased Accordance 9 since May 1, 2012. You can find the information at the bottom of this page.

http://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-Upgrades

We value new customers very much, and we hope you enjoy your free upgrade to Accordance 10!

• Like 1

Accordance 10 is spectacular--I can't begin to list all of the exellent changes. Maybe it's because it's so awesome that just a couple of almost insignificant things stick out to me.

The drop shadow on the search criteria and the "Search All" selected item is a little heavy. For me, it makes it a little less readable. Also, the drop shadow on the search criteria appears inverted. It looks as if the light source is coming from underneath rather than from directly overhead.

acc-drop-shadow.jpg

I'm still using Snow Leopard so I don't know if Apple has changed the UI in Lion or Mt. Lion, but personally, I think it would look cleaner using the text style Apple uses in the Formatting System Preferences.

apple-drop-shadow.jpg

But that just my two cents. :-)

--

Brett

Accordance 10 is spectacular--I can't begin to list all of the exellent changes. Maybe it's because it's so awesome that just a couple of almost insignificant things stick out to me.

The drop shadow on the search criteria and the "Search All" selected item is a little heavy. For me, it makes it a little less readable. Also, the drop shadow on the search criteria appears inverted. It looks as if the light source is coming from underneath rather than from directly overhead.

acc-drop-shadow.jpg

I'm still using Snow Leopard so I don't know if Apple has changed the UI in Lion or Mt. Lion, but personally, I think it would look cleaner using the text style Apple uses in the Formatting System Preferences.

apple-drop-shadow.jpg

But that just my two cents. :-)

--

Brett

Good eye, you're correct that the shadow is a bit too dark on selected items within 'Search All'. The font is also a bit bolder than the standard font weight used within Finder. For the pill selections we are using the design found within Apple's Mail application.

If you look under 'store' and upgrades on the website you will find the info you want.

If you bought Acc9 on or after 1 May 2012 there is a code to get a free upgrade to 10.

Thanks man, I didn't see that!

Just wanted to also add that after a couple days of using Accordance 10 that I am quite pleased. I know there are some minor issues to work out, but I am confident the Accordance team is hard at it. Kudos to everyone at Accordance!

Grateful in Argentina,

Stephen

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already. But now that you've given us themes, I'd love to be able to save multiple custom themes. The built-in themes are okay, but I'd like to save more of my own.

You give and give, and we just want more. :D

Thanks again for the awesome update!

--

Brett

• Like 1

Version 10 is fantastic. Special thanks go to the developers and programmers who put all the intuitive thought into the design. The customizable toolbar as well as the automatic adjusting of verses/words is unparalleled. I haven't noticed any speed lag either, even with the cover art and full names in the library. The maps icon and the instant details icon really outperform any other feature I've encountered on other platforms. While I'm at it, the 2 column instant details format, coupled with the ability to keep stationary below or on the side, or detached, provide enhanced flexibility. The highlight button is a major improvement. I need to mention that many may not realize they can create multiple highlight styles (with customized names) that will show up on the menu. Thanks for exceeding expectations again, Accordance!

I don't know if Accordance does anything different in terms of core functionality, but I'm finding the UI changes make it so much easier to use. Thanks Accordance, I'm lovin' it.

The more I use the new system, the more sense it is making. I guess I'm sometimes a slow adapter, but I'm growing fond of Accordance 10 quickly.

one surprise is how far the instant details box has come. It does so many cool things now, and does it better than ever. I appreciate the pop-up window alternative as well.

The web page is much easier to navigate, and the packages make way more sense than what used to be offered.

I know no one does it anymore, but any chance of a printed manual?

Both version 9 and 10 went to a web based help. Version 10 is file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm

Accordance had a manual, but that was many versions ago.