Acc 10.0 question

williamk

I've seen the ads for the new Acc 10.0, but am a bit confused. Is it available as an upgrade from 9.6.6 or do I need to buy one of the packages to get 10.0? Even the cheapest package that I see ($49) has stuff I already own (I think) --

Do I need to upgrade to 10.0 if I don't need the modules that come in one of the packages? I'd like to stay current with the latest Acc version but am not sure how -- upgrade to 10.0 or buy a new package with modules I don't need?

Sorry if I missed this explanation somewhere on the web site --

Tx,

WK

William,

If I understand correctly you either have to upgrade ($49) or you have to buy one of the packages, the cheapest of which, as you've seen, is $49. Either option will include the upgrade to 10.

Personally, I bought the cheapest package because although I had most of the modules I did not have the ESVS, which I figure I got for free!

Best, Christopher

Edited by C Layton

William - Watch Dr J's podcast either on iTunes or on YouTube (do a search for Accordance 10).

I agree with Christopher and Donovan. The upgrade really is worth it. It's not just that the new UI is beautiful, but its also functional and much less cluttered. There are also lots of new features. No more telling Accordance whether you want to search for a verse or a word - the program figures that out. Just hit tab and start typing.

I thought the upgrade from Premier to Essential, even though I already owned a bunch of the modules, was a bargain. The Tyndale Commentary alone would have cost me more than the upgrade price.

Edited by Julie Falling

The only way to get Accordance 10 is to get one of the Collections. For technical reasons were are not offering the program with free starter modules this time, just the Starter with the program, and 5 higher collections with upgrade paths from the 9 Library and Scholar's levels and bundles. So the Starter is the cheapest upgrade and adds new modules as well for most people.

I just upgraded to Acc 10.0, but am unable to locate the Study Notes from 9.6.6! Had a lot of work into them too. How can I recover them?

Your User Tools and User Notes are located in both 9 and 10 in your user/Documents/Accordance files. Accordance 10 should have located them without difficulty after the upgrade. Were you accessing them from an unusual location? Do you have a backup such as Time Machine?

Thanks for everyone's replies -- will look at the packages and choose the best one for my needs and based on what I already have.

WK

William - There is an "Upgrade Calculator" in the lower left of the Easy Install window. That may help you decide. Make sure your Version 9 is the latest version or you may not find it.

Edited by Julie Falling

I upgraded from Library 8/9 Premier to the new Essential collection and it is well worth the upgrade price. Like Julie said, check out the upgrade calculator in Easy Install. It will scan your modules and tell you what your missing in each collection as well as list how much each module costs individually and the cost of the upgrade based on your current Library. If you've bought certain modules or upgraded recently, you may even be eligible for a slight discount. The sales team is incredibly helpful, so be sure to check with them as well to see what the best option is for you.