Dr. J's Podcast Studio

Timothy Jenney

Just in case you've ever wanted a look behind the scenes of Lighting the Lamp!

post-29215-0-20376800-1346185321_thumb.png

post-29215-0-67009300-1346185334_thumb.png

post-29215-0-03592200-1346185345_thumb.png

"Pay no attention to the man behind that curtain..."

;)

Dr. J, I am sure you have explained what software you use to produce the podcast in previous posts, but would you mind doing so again?

Love it Tim. Specially the picture of the man taking the picture of the man taking the picture!

I agree Tony, i"d love to know what software you are using, and I'd love to know what that vaguely triangular looking alien hand rest with buttons is on the left of your computer on the side of the rat's nest of cable...

[Chuckle] Thanks for the interest!

The goofy looking mouse controller to the right left of my computer is a Contour Shuttle Pro (http://retail.contou...m/?/products/23), which I use to speed the editing process. I use ScreenFlow 3 for recording and have been very happy with it. I also use Keynote (for slides, builds and transition), Voila and Grabber (for screenshots and short video recordings), Acorn and Adobe Suite (for photos and illustrations)

If you'd like to know more, I'm told I'll be featured in next week's ScreenFlow blog here: http://blogs.telestr...net/screenflow/. The blog and ScreenFlows forums provide invaluable tips for producing good podcasts ("screencasts"). I also subscribe to eNews@videomaker.com, which is a weekly mailing containing great tips for producing better videos.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Heh Heh. Thanks Tim, in the picture it's on the left....are we in a transposed universe?

Oops!

Ken, try Voila for your screenshots and recording screen clips. It allows round captures, as well as square ones. Its screen recordings also have some neat "mouse highlighting" options that I think you'll like.

BTW, sorry about not getting back to you sooner. I was swamped with the podcast for Acc 10's release at the time, then your e-mail just got lost in the ensuing deluge of requests. Hope this helps!

Edited by Timothy Jenney

No worries Tim. You have many pressures on your time...we appreciate what you do VERY much.

This is very cool. Clearly you put a lot of hard work into it. Thanks for the excellent videos!

Edited by T. Conrad

You're so welcome, all of you! It's a joy to produce podcasts for people like you. :)

Lighting the Lamp is now famous. Check out my recent interview with the producers of ScreenFlow: http://blogs.telestream.net/screenflow/