Crash on startup after 10.0.0 -> 10.0.1 Upgrade

Michael Wheeler

The error message in the Console log is:

8/29/12 11:55:44.635 AM acord[16072]: TFile.PosReadFile fileData.length = 0

8/29/12 11:55:44.645 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[203]: ([0x0-0xb0fb0f].com.OakTree.Accordance[16072]) Exited with code: 217

I had been running 10.0.0 fine then I did the download and install and restart option inside Accordance to upgrade to 10.0.1 then noticed after a while that it never restarted Accordance. Anytime I attempt to launch it now I get the splash screen and the splash screen for the KJVS then it silently quits.

I dragged the old 10.0.0 version out of the trash but now it behaves in exactly the same way as the 10.0.1 version with the splash screens then silently quitting.

Some how something else must have gotten corrupted. What should I try in attempting to repair it?

Michael Wheeler

P.S. - I love Accordance and want to say thanks for the great product. The upgrade looks really nice and I do have it running fine on my other computer. The one I'm having trouble with is a new 27" iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM running 10.8.1 and plenty of free disk space (>400GB free).

Edited by Michael Wheeler

I would first remove the Startup session from your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. If you still get a crash please contact me via a PM, or our tech sipport, and we can take a look.

Thanks for the tip. That turned out not to be the problem but I noticed a "Temporary session" in that folder and removed it and now it is working again.