Hyperlinks

Fr. Rusty Matheny

Is there a way to set a zone so that when clicking on links in texts always opens that link in said zone or, tab within that zone?

Would like to have this as a constant in my main workspace. Just a dedicated place that all hyperlinks open within.

Thanks and please forgive if timing on this question is poor, it can wait until new release transition has settled down.

Grace and Peace

Edited by Fr. Rusty Matheny

If you set a tab to Recycle, it'll always use that resource when hyperlinking to that resource. If you have more than one resource you hyperlink to, you could put each of those resources in that zone and have them each with recycling, so it always just goes to that zone. Would that work?

Not sure Joel, will try.

As it is now, if I click on a Scripture reference or note, it opens a tab with a list connected to that hyperlink, then clicking on those opens yet another tab, usually one taking up too much room.

First, I think it would be nicer when clicking on link, if a small bubble opened up allowing us to decide which reference we wanted that was available, then when clicking on that hyperlink, it would open into whatever resources we had chosen to be our reference for hyperlinks.

Just thinking.

Will try your suggestion.

Yes, I think I can make that work. The hyperlink was opening in a new zone, put pulled that Tab over into an existing zone, thus do not have the workspace resizing all zones when using the hyperlinks. Do have to tab back and forth, but it is a usable workflow .

Thanks.

Do remember that most scripture hyperlinks will also open in instant details. Youll see it in the instant details zone if it's open, or you can click and hold or option click to display it. This is a great way for quick viewing without disrupting everything else.

Hey, forgot about that!

Good idea, will "give it a go".

Thanks.

Rusty

Your profile shows you as a non-user. You may wish to update it. :)

Thank you, I think I fixed it.

Yes, you did. You show that you are a male using Accordance Version: 10.x

There ya go, I have added to my profile!

Now we have to guess which one is you :P

Should not be too hard, it's not the young one! smile