Strange Citation Issue

Greg Terry

I did a search for 'state' in most of Paul's letters and received the results in the graphic. When I selected the text as shown and copied as Citation, I received the following:

11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 7

[Phil 4:11; Col 4:7 KJV]

Note: Col 4.7 was not part of my selection I copied. The verse number after 'content' is the verse number for the Col 4.7 reference. The module I used was the KJVS.

It appears that if the text display is not set to 'Paragraphs with Space' or 'Separate with Space', one gets the extra verse character (the 7 above) and the extra verse in the citation (Col 4.7). This works the same way in the NRSVS.

Shouldn't the citation function work the same no matter which way the verses are displayed (preferably giving only what is requested) ?

post-2546-0-19447600-1346375826_thumb.jpg

I think you are selecing to the end of the line, including the return character, and that is bringing in the next reference.

Helen:

It only works this way when grabbing citations from a search result.

It works as expected when copying citations from a text that has not been searched.

Hi Greg, I was with Helen when I looked and saw the extent of the selection bar. I thought - probably has selected the eol marker. But, when I do the same search (state in KJVS) and the select the entire line...I get this:

Phil 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

No extra characters etc. So it must be something else that's happening. I wonder if it has to do with the columnisation...I'll try that now.

(5 mins later - no, the columnisation makes no difference. I still get a perfect paste)

(10 mins later looking sheepish)

I overlooked the "copy as citation" criterion above. When I copy it as a citation - the exact same copy as the one above, which was just a plain copy - gave:

'Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.' (Philippians 4:11; Colossians 4:7 KJV)

While the 7 isn't there, the citation copy is clearly picking up v7.

Having said that, I think Helen is correct, when I select the verse by double-clicking the last word (content) and then hold shift and click at the beginning of the verse, copy as citation produces this result.

'Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content' (Philippians 4:11 KJV)

Still feels like an unexpected and unwanted behaviour to me.

Edited by Ken Simpson

Seems to be corrected in 10.0.2.

Thank you!