Import Bible Text - broken

hipertracker

There is something broken in Import Bible Text option. I can import some files but some I can't. I can import NT with 7911 verses. But for another file Accordance 10.0 just crashes and quits to Finder without any warnings. And for another it stops importing after exactly 4257 verses and displays alert that I have too many verses. It does not make any sense! I was able to import 7911 verses but I cannot import more than 4257? All my files have the same, consistent verse references and UTF-8 encoding (I created them with the same Ruby script) This is very frustrating and confusing. That feature is very unstable.(I use OS-X OS X 10.8.2 (12C31a) and MacBook Pro 2.2GHZ, i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD & 512GB Hybrid HD.)

http://zabiello.com/accordance-import-bible-error.png

I would suggest you might look at the line number indicated in the error message and the ones immediately preceding it in a text editor. There is likely something not quite right in your import text. It could be a whitespace character in place of a space between the verse ref at the beginning of the line or perhaps the preceding line is wrapped incorrectly. Generally, this type of error is an indicator of something off just a bit in the text which has been imported and not a program error of Accordance. I have encountered this before and always found something wrong in my import text.