Stickers

Julia Falling

The PC users can join the party if they like, but don't let them plaster our Macs with stickers!

Edited by Julie Falling

The PC users can join the party if they like, but don't let them plaster our Macs with stickers!

I don't know, Julie--I like the sticker on my MacBook Pro:

IMG_2569.jpg

It's from Skinit.com. I had the same image on my MacBook Air, and when I upgraded to the MacBook Pro, I couldn't think of an image I'd rather have over it, so I just got a larger one.

I hope that somehow you'll be able to get v. 10 sooner rather than later!

Rick - I'd go for that sticker, but do you really want Intel and Windows stickers on your machine? (A mountain lion might be nice.) I've seen some PCs absolutely plastered with very un-artistic stickers.

Edited by Julie Falling

Julie, what is it with you and stickers anyway?

Jonathan - I'm just having a little fun with the PC/Mac rivalry, if we can call it that, but I basically dislike clutter. That does not mean that there isn't any in my house or life, but I fight it because it can become distracting. Look at our beautiful Macs. Uncluttered but still very powerful. Our great new Accordance 10 interface is like our machines - uncluttered and powerful.

Have you ever seen a yard where they've overdone it with the bird houses and concrete animals and bird baths? Maybe add a concrete urn with spray-painted pine cones (I'm really not joking - I've seen one). Falls in the same category as stickers. At least the stickers are cheaper.

I think the simple clean look of Macintosh hardware is rooted in Steve Jobs' own personal aesthetic. In Isaacson's biography, he noted that one of Steve's earlier homes had no furniture for many years. That might be taking it to an extreme, but I don't think Jobs liked a lot of clutter either, and he did not want anything cluttering up the Mac (and later iOS) hardware. Even the iPhone's one button on the front, while taken for granted now and emulated by many others, was something entirely new in smart phones when first introduced in 2007.

Supposedly, Jobs leased a new Mercedes every six months simply so he wouldn't have to "clutter up" his car with a license plate.

• Like 1

Yeah - I saw a picture of his Mercedes (supposedly his) driving in Palo Alto sans plates. Most of us don't have that kinda budget, though, and that is taking it a little far.

While our vehicles do have license plates, their only other "clutter" is an Apple sticker in the back window of each (a truck and a Highlander). There are so many Mac users in our church that one of the church kids saw an Apple sticker somewhere else, called his parents' attention to it and said, "Look! It's an Alliance logo."

Edited by Julie Falling
  • Like 1

Hey, what about accordance stickers for our rear windows? ;) Or maybe even an accordance "skinit" for our macs!!! I suppose it is good as Christians to not have too much clutter in our lives, no?

Edited by Vandymarc

Julie

How do you feel about stickers on fruit?

Julie, the stickers are functional and not intended to be merely aesthetic. They help hold the machines together. If you take them off, they might fall apart.

Rick Mansfield, that sticker looks REALLY nice! Thanks for the tip on custom pieces like that. So was your MBP in that photo drying off after washing it with the dishes? :)

I certainly hope stickers are not considered controversial!

Fr. Rich - I don't like them on apples, but they're OK on bananas and oranges (since most of us don't eat the peals).

Mark - You've got it right about the functionality of the stickers. Have you heard a PC laptop creak when it's held by only one edge? I have. I should have realized before that it would have fallen to bits without those MS & Intel stickers. The unibody Macs can be held by just one corner without any flex - now there is well-made machine.

• Like 1