Unexpected behavior when highlighting sentences

C Layton

I just noticed a bug - or rather, a lack of refinement - triggered when highlighting a sentence in iOS. It looks like when one selects "highlight sentence" the program just highlights to the next period. But there are many occasions when the next period is not the end of the sentence, as in the appended screen grab. I am not a programmer, so it may be more difficult than I imagine, but it would be nice if the "highlight sentence" command looked for the next period except in certain cases (such as the string of text A.D.)

Admittedly, this is probably not the biggest issue in the development of iAccordance, but an annoyance nonetheless.

post-30926-0-78503900-1346946736_thumb.png

It's a known limitation. The ultimate solution is to allow arbitrary text selection which is planned for a future release.

I'm curious about the ability to highlight text arbitrarily, a feature I'd like. Currently, when we highlight a verse it becomes highlighted in all our versions, something I like. I'm assuming this can never be so when highlighting only parts of a verse. So I hope the highlight feature as it currently stands will be kept as an option!

I'm curious about the ability to highlight text arbitrarily, a feature I'd like. Currently, when we highlight a verse it becomes highlighted in all our versions, something I like. I'm assuming this can never be so when highlighting only parts of a verse. So I hope the highlight feature as it currently stands will be kept as an option!

The behavior of verse level highlighting would not be altered.