Hiding toolbar suggestion

Ken Simpson

Hi, when you hide the toolbar with CMD-opt-o, the whole window slides up as the toolbar disappears. It would be really cool if the bottom of the window stayed where it was and the text area grew. It's not a biggie, but a thought for consideration.

+1

Yes, this struck me as being a bug. If you toggle the library or instant details the window resizes correctly, but not the tool bar.

This is standard mac behavior when hiding the toolbar. Try it out in any other apps, when the toolbar goes away, the window slides up with it.

This is standard mac behavior when hiding the toolbar. Try it out in any other apps, when the toolbar goes away, the window slides up with it.

The default behavior seems to be a little more refined that this. Several Apple apps (Safari, Pages, Keynote, etc.) exhibit different behavior depending on whether the window is in a zoomed (maximized) window state or not. When when the window is zoomed, then hiding the toolbar increases the visible content area. When the window is not zoomed then the overall size of the window is decreased.

This would be a nice enhancement to consider for our workspace windows.

Excellent observation Scott. I think that behaviour is the one! If my screen is not maximized, then it's reasonable to just slide the window up, but if it is maximized, then I want the window to be full screen and remain there

I had never noticed that particular nuance of window behaviour in the Apple apps before. Well spotted!

The default behavior seems to be a little more refined that this. Several Apple apps (Safari, Pages, Keynote, etc.) exhibit different behavior depending on whether the window is in a zoomed (maximized) window state or not. When when the window is zoomed, then hiding the toolbar increases the visible content area. When the window is not zoomed then the overall size of the window is decreased.

This would be a nice enhancement to consider for our workspace windows.

I would also like to see this.