Displaying Hebrew text w/o cantillation

Harry Hoffner

I have found in the online Help instructions on how to strip the Hebrew text of cantillation marks on exporting. But I like to select, copy, and paste individual words from the main text display into a user tool commentary. And in some cases I do not want the cantillation marks. Can someone help me to learn how to strip them easily? Apparently this is not "exporting"; so setting the preferences to strip on export does not help me. I do not want to strip the vowel pointing - only the cantillation marks.

Many thanks.

I have found in the online Help instructions on how to strip the Hebrew text of cantillation marks on exporting. But I like to select, copy, and paste individual words from the main text display into a user tool commentary. And in some cases I do not want the cantillation marks. Can someone help me to learn how to strip them easily? Apparently this is not "exporting"; so setting the preferences to strip on export does not help me. I do not want to strip the vowel pointing - only the cantillation marks.

Accordance apparently does not modify the clipboard UNTIL you switch away from the application (say, to an external text editor where one might normally paste). You can verify this by copying some Hebrew text and pasting it right away into the Accordance search box--everything appears, but if you activate any other application (e.g., clicking on the desktop to activate the Finder will do it), then click back on Accordance, and paste again, the clipboard is modified per preferences. If Accordance modified the clipboard right away (potentially wasteful if one copied a lot of text and didn't end up doing anything with it) or, better, checked it and modified it accordingly right before pasting within Accordance to User Notes, for example, then it should be consistent with preferential expectations.

Archived