Changing Instant Details Default

circuitrider

My instant details defaults to Strong's. Is there a way to default it to another tool like Mounce?

My instant details defaults to Strong's. Is there a way to default it to another tool like Mounce?

Can you be more specific, as in which text, version of Accordance, etc.? As of 1.5.2 the Mounce Greek, and KM Hebrew dictionaries should be the default for the ESVi (and ESVS), HCSBS, NRSVS, and NKJVS.

Can you be more specific, as in which text, version of Accordance, etc.? As of 1.5.2 the Mounce Greek, and KM Hebrew dictionaries should be the default for the ESVi (and ESVS), HCSBS, NRSVS, and NKJVS.

Rick,

Thank you for the quick response. I see now why I was not getting Mounce and KM for default, I was using the KJVS. Will Mounce and KM be implemented in the KJVS in the future?

Thanks

Rick,

Thank you for the quick response. I see now why I was not getting Mounce and KM for default, I was using the KJVS. Will Mounce and KM be implemented in the KJVS in the future?

Thanks

We made the decision to leave the KJVS tied to the Strong's dictionaries since the definitions were derived from it; they seemed like a more natural fit for each other versus the others. But, since we are including the Mounce & KM with the iOS app and every package of Accordance 10 (Starter and up), it isn't too difficult to switch to them when desired.

Couple tips:

On iOS, after amplifying by Key Number, touch the search icon, then the label for the module title, switch it to the one of your choice, and then touch search. This will now give you the entry in the new dictionary.

On Mac you can tie the two resources together via the LINK command and have them open at the same time upon triple-click. See here:

post-5629-0-36412200-1347298008_thumb.jpg

[and in case someone mentions it, I just noticed that typo, too!]

Rick,

That makes sense.

Thank you for taking time to post the tip on how to move between language tools in the iOS app. I was about to post another question about that very thing.

For anyone reading the above iOS tip I would like to add that the search option needs to be changed to "Key Number" for it to work.

Thanks again, Rick. That was a great help!

Rick,

That makes sense.

Thank you for taking time to post the tip on how to move between language tools in the iOS app. I was about to post another question about that very thing.

For anyone reading the above iOS tip I would like to add that the search option needs to be changed to "Key Number" for it to work.

Thanks again, Rick. That was a great help!

Good catch…the Strong's Dictionary uses 'Key Number' but Mounce and KM Hebrew use 'Strong's Number' for the fields; you would need to change them accordingly.

• 4 months later...

I am using 1.6.1 on my iPad and the default Amplify opens up KM dictionary for ESVS. I would like to change the default for Amplify to open BDAG/HALOT. I have made the resources to be on top of Greek and Hebrew tools lists respectively, but it still opens up KM dictionary. How can I change this correctly? Thanks

The ESVS is tagged with key numbers, which link to the KM dictionary. The BDAG/HALOT preference will only apply when amplifying a tagged Greek or Hebrew word. For example, you should be able to amplify from ESVS to KM, then select the Greek or Hebrew word in that entry and amplify to BDAG/HALOT.

Or...if you have ESVS in one pane and GNT-T in another pane, the GNT-T will open to BDAG. In other words, you can with the Greek text go straight to BDAG. And, I am assuming that you can do the same with the Hebrew Text and HALOT. That may not be what you looking for, but it is an option which I use.

The ESVS is tagged with key numbers, which link to the KM dictionary. The BDAG/HALOT preference will only apply when amplifying a tagged Greek or Hebrew word. For example, you should be able to amplify from ESVS to KM, then select the Greek or Hebrew word in that entry and amplify to BDAG/HALOT.

Or...if you have ESVS in one pane and GNT-T in another pane, the GNT-T will open to BDAG. In other words, you can with the Greek text go straight to BDAG. And, I am assuming that you can do the same with the Hebrew Text and HALOT. That may not be what you looking for, but it is an option which I use.

Thanks. Both are helpful.

• 7 years later...

How do I change the default Instant Details text when selecting a hyper-text link from a tool in Accordance iOS 3.0.8? I'm reading in NICOT, and would like the instant details for a passage reference to bring up NIV or NET.

ESVi is the default now.

If you go into settings (with the gear wheel icon), select “Tool Display”, (second item on the list) then scroll down to the bottom. You can set the text version for Hypertext there.

Hope that helps