"Make Link" in User Notes

Rick Paquette

I am trying to create a link to a journal article:

[JBL, Titles, The Text of Hosea 1:9]

I have tried including and excluding the brackets in the highlight that I make a link. I have tried spelling out the whole name of the journal. I have tried deleting the colon and the 9.

Instead of going to the journal article, Accordance opens a frame labeled "Context" with a tab showing the verse being commented on in the User Notes file.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a glitch in the program?

You can link from 'user tools' but not 'user notes'

• 1 month later...

Good question. That is for verse references. When you 'link' a verse reference the verse itself displays in instant details using your selected text. However the make link does not allow you to link to other accordance resources (or urls) which you can in a user tool.

Good question. That is for verse references. When you 'link' a verse reference the verse itself displays in instant details using your selected text. However the make link does not allow you to link to other accordance resources (or urls) which you can in a user tool.

Thanks. Unfortunately one of the things I like about Notes is the little red dot next to a verse letting me know I have made a comment. I use PDFs to make most of my notes as I like to draw on them and I was hoping to be able to "make link" so I could just click to open the PDF. Oh well, I guess.

• Like 1