Migrating Accordance to New Mac

RogueMonk

I have accordance all set up as I like it.

Is there a way to migrate everything over to a new mac, without having to re-downalod everything and reset it how I like?

Thanks.

If you have everything running on the old Mac, and can either link them both by ethernet or firewire, or have an external drive you can hook up to either one, it is easiest to copy over the old Accordance and then update it.

Copy these folders and items to the same locations on the new Mac.

Applications/Accordance

/Library/Application Support/Accordance

OR

user/Library/Application Support/Accordance

AND

user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences

user/Documents/Accordance Files

The last two contain your settings and saved files, it is good to backup these two folders from time to time

Then download and run the latest installer for Accordance.

Please note that if you are on Lion you may run into permissions issues when you copy folders from another Mac. Also, to open the user/Library you will need to use the Go menu and press option in order to access that folder.

Therefore it's often easier simply to install Accordance 9 or 10 and use Easy Install to redownload everything to the new Mac.

Depending on how long you've had Accordance, you may have a few modules that were installed way back that may not redownload. One that Accordance no longer has is GNTM (untagged Majority Text). I think Clark (Sanctification) might be another. Both are on Accordance disk 6.1. There may be others. You might want to do a count to see if you are missing anything.

P.S. I, too, have an old (nearly antique) PowerMac G5. It was manufactured in March of 2005, refurbished, and then purchased by me off eBay in June of 2007. Still going strong but now three OSs behind my MacBook Pro (2008 unibody) which is now my main machine. I hope to replace it with a Mac mini with the next release, whenever that might be. It's been 427 days since the last new machine. My laptop will continue to me my main computer.

Edited by Julie Falling