Where is Timeline?

williamk

Another basic question about 10.0 --

In 9.x I could click on Timeline and it popped right up. In 10.x I see the Timeline icon down near the bottom of the Library window under the "Background" header, but it is "grayed out" -- no response when I click on it.

Is Timeline in 10.0 a module I need to purchase separately? Or am I doing something wrong that I can't access it?

Thanks much,

WK

If you right click on your toolbar, and "customize toolbar," you'll see a timeline button that you can add.

Hi William,

yes timeline is a separate purchase, but if you could use it in v9, then you can use it in v10.

The toolbar has the amplify icon which means it amplifies from a selection. If you select a word in an english text pane, you should be able to select the timeline item in the Amplify submenu. It of course may not find the word(s) you have chosen, and in that case will not open.

If you just want to browse/view the timeline, then you can do as David has suggested, or even easier, just double click the timeline in the library window (Select Library in the toolbar, and then timeline (down near the bottom or if you click "background" you will filter out everything except the maps and the timeline.

post-29509-0-46730100-1348272707_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Ken Simpson