Turkish Language Problem

pastorkerem

Dear friends,

Does anybody know how can I use Turkish letters in my notes section.

There is a choice of Helvetica and I believe normally support turkish letters.

But there is no section for Times News Roman, Arial etc.

Basically I can not write notes, or if I write I have to us s not ş, or u not ü..

Thank you for help

Kerem

Edited by pastorkerem

I believe you can. If you check in your preferences, you should see under User Notes Tab an selectable item entitled, "Use Default Fonts . . ." I believe if you deselect this item, you can get a range of fonts and if Times New Roman is installed in your ~/Library/ then you should be able to use it.

I believe you can. If you check in your preferences, you should see under User Notes Tab an selectable item entitled, "Use Default Fonts . . ." I believe if you deselect this item, you can get a range of fonts and if Times New Roman is installed in your ~/Library/ then you should be able to use it.

Thanks James, I did it and I was able to choose Times New Romans, but unfortunately same problem continues. We have 6 different characters in turkish than english. (ğ-ü-ş-ö-ç-ı) I am able to see 4 of them but I can not see ğ and ş which looks like this (≈ü ƒü) I don't know what to do. Thanks for help though.

This is an encoding issue. The user notes don't support Unicode, thus any glyph that extends beyond the ASCII (255) encoding sequence will not be supported in the user notes. I am unsure of the priority and or development plans to support unicode user notes, if there are any. The only other option that I can think of is to find a font that supports the necessary ligatures within the ASCII (255) hexadecimal range. You can explore this using your language and text center in the Mac OS; you do need to enable Keyboard & Character Viewer in Language & Text > Input Resources.

There is one other option that comes to mind. You might see if the Accordance Proprietary Transliteration Font will support the Turkish Glyphs. I've not explored how this font might map to these characters, so it's something that will need to be tested.