Regression: Contents pane doesn't auto-resize

Daniel Saunders

I'm sorry if this doesn't quality as a 'bug'.

In Accordance 9, there was a lovely feature with the 'tools' that if you put your mouse over the contents pane, and it wasn't wide enough to display the full entry, then it would automatically expand so that you could read the whole title whilst you selected the entry you wanted. This seems to not work in version 10. Do I need to enable it somewhere? Or is it a feature that can be brought back?

Thanks,

Daniel

I don't understand what feature you are describing. The Magnify zone feature is still there, but moved to the top right corner and visible only when mousing over the tab. If that isn't what you meant, please explain which contents pane you intended.

I think Daniel is referring to the browser menu (AKA table of contents) in tools. In version 9, it was possible to hover over the browser menu when items were truncated and have the menu expand. I'm not sure if this is still available in version 10 or not.

Sorry Helen, I was thinking I should have included a picture, instead of relying on my words—but I think Darin has managed to untangle my description. (But here's a picture as well.)

If it's possible to have this feature in version 10, that'd be nice. It's not the end of the world though. User's can always resize the Browser Menu to see more details when they need to.

Daniel

Ah, I think the default preference has been reset to Suppress tool browser auto-sizing in Preferences: Appearance, but you can uncheck it and it works.

Hi,

Just as a thought. I have seen this behaviour on a number of installs, and they have all had this turned on (ie to suppress the action). Seems like it may be a default. Since this is a different behaviour to the AccMac 9 behaviour, it might be good to deselect it as default (if indeed it is automatically set on install/upgrade)