User Tools

rcdeacon

I have created a new user tool on my MacBook Pro laptop. When it was initially created I set the "tool display" to show the ESVS as the primary text resource. Then I synced to my iPad and all worked well. Then I decided that rather than using the ESVS as my primary resource I wanted my primary resource to be the HCSB. So on my laptop I changed the "tool display" preference to reflect HCSB rather than ESVS. Then I synced my iPad. (I had a Bible link to a text in my user tool)

The resource was changed on the laptop and works as advertised however on my ipad the resource remained ESVS and DID NOT change after synced. I tried to completely shut down Accordance on both my laptop and iPad and re-sync but my text resource remains ESVS on the ipad even though it is HCSB on my laptop.

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

I have created a new user tool on my MacBook Pro laptop. When it was initially created I set the "tool display" to show the ESVS as the primary text resource. Then I synced to my iPad and all worked well. Then I decided that rather than using the ESVS as my primary resource I wanted my primary resource to be the HCSB. So on my laptop I changed the "tool display" preference to reflect HCSB rather than ESVS. Then I synced my iPad. (I had a Bible link to a text in my user tool)

The resource was changed on the laptop and works as advertised however on my ipad the resource remained ESVS and DID NOT change after synced. I tried to completely shut down Accordance on both my laptop and iPad and re-sync but my text resource remains ESVS on the ipad even though it is HCSB on my laptop.

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

In the iPad app the text used to display in hyperlinks is determined by its order in the Library. Move your desired text to the top location and it will display; if that text doesn't contain a particular reference it will go to the next.

I hope this helps.

Rick,

Thanks for the quick reply. I assume you mean the library on the iPad? I went into the library of my ipad and the ESVS is listed before the HCSB however I was unable to change the listing. I know I am doing something wrong but any help would certainly be appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry, I figured it out! Thanks it works great now!

Edited by Bob Deacon
  • Like 1