Accordance not suppressing info tips

accord

So far have been unable to turn off the information tip pop-ups.

See screenshot:

post-31077-0-89246200-1349556538_thumb.png

Have removed the "general" preference under:

~library/application support/accordance/accordance preferences/general

~library/preferences/accordance preferences/general

removed one then restart, remove the other then restart, remove both then restart. Still have the info tips after checking the "suppress information tips" box.

I notice that under ~library/preferences

com.OakTree.Accordance.plist

com.OakTree.Accordance.plist.lockfile

wonder if removing one or both and restarting will resolve this behavior?

Which info tips are you referring to that still show up?

Joel,

in addition to the example in the original post screenshot: click to move down one book, shift+click to move down ten books, switch panes to horizontal orientation, each tool bar icon (which has text under it), etc.

Hope that helps.

I've been meaning to report this bug for over a year, but it has slipped my mind every time. It's pretty distracting when you don't want them.

Forgot to give this info: MacBook Pro, OS X 10.7.5, 2.8 GHz i7, 8GB HHD

I've been meaning to report this bug for over a year, but it has slipped my mind every time. It's pretty distracting when you don't want them.

Yes, it is distracting.

For the record, the information tips that you suppress aren't the yellow tooltip boxes, they are helpful dialogs that appear from various Accordance actions. So, technically its not a 'bug' but intentional design. I'm not saying we shouldn't support suppressing the tooltips, just saying that thats not what this preference does.

For the record, the information tips that you suppress aren't the yellow tooltip boxes, they are helpful dialogs that appear from various Accordance actions. So, technically its not a 'bug' but intentional design. I'm not saying we shouldn't support suppressing the tooltips, just saying that thats not what this preference does.

Joel, thanks for your help in resolving this. :) I would very much like the ability to turn on/off the yellow tooltips... so, perhaps at some future point this will become an option.

Thanks to all of you at Accordance for making this software top notch!!