ESV superscript links lead to another workspace

Mark Nigro

First time this has happened to me, and while I may be wrong, I do suspect it is incorrect behavior so I'll report it here.

Scenario:

1. I have three workspaces open in Accordance 10. For purposes of clarity in my explanation, they are IBS Class Prep, Hebrew Language Study, and Sunday Study. Each with its own layout and very different modules open.

2. In my currently selected workspace (IBS Class Prep), I click on a superscript link in my ESV to open its cross references in my "Tools" tab that is already opened, containing other modules but NOT the ESV references yet.

3. Rather than opening the "ESV Cross references" into the "Tools" tab, it ties to one of my other two workspaces where there is already a pane open for the "ESV Cross references," thereby bringing that workspace (Sunday Study) to the front.

4. To get Accordance to open a pane with "ESV Cross references" in my desired workspace (IBS Class Prep), I had to close the Sunday Study workspace, although I would imagine that closing just the "ESV Cross references" pane would have sufficed.

5. Having left open my Hebrew Language Study workspace, I tried the same approach there. This time, rather than opening the "ESV Cross references"in that workspace, it took me back to my IBS Class Prep where there was now a pane open containing that module.

Thanks for any feedback.

Mark

Does all of this behavior still occur if you check 'Confine amplify to same workspace' in the Preferences -> General? It sounds like this is what you want, so each workspace works independently of the others.

Joel, that nailed it. Thanks for the quick response. And here's why it surprised me after all this time of using Accordance....and why I completely forgot about that setting. My beloved MBP died the other day (yes, it was a 2008 with the infamous NVIDIA chip that killed it), and I had to replace the machine. I'm still in the process of transferring my files over from backup, but I made sure to bring Accordance as the very first application. However, since I brought over all the preferences (which had been set LONG ago) and application support etc. for Accordance, I never thought of an issue being in the preferences, and actually forgot there was the 'confine' option. Sorry, but thanks for quick fix.

Edited by Mark Nigro