Allow Editing in Fixed User Note Pane or Zone

Bob Gonzales

I think Accordance did a great thing in version 10 when it linked all the different windows, zones, etc., into a united interface. I would like to request that the same thing be done with the editor window for user notes. It's true that i can presently configure my user notes as a fixed pane or zone within a given workspace. However, every time I want to edit or add to my user notes, a separate window appears. And the moment I move from the new user note window to the workspace, the former disappears behind the workspace. Consequently, I can't see them both together unless I shrink my workspace. This is a problem as I normally need to see the data in my workspace as I'm typing my user notes. Using Expose to toggle back and forth from one to the other doesn't cut it.

I'm trying hard to wean myself from Bibleworks and adapt to Accordance as my primary platform. But this is one of Accordance's weaknesses in my opinion. Not only does it limit the characters per verse to 13K, which I view as unnecessary and which BW doesn't do, but it doesn't allow for user note editing within the fixed pane or zone that's part of the unified workspace. BW is superior in this regard.

I would like to request that Accordance improve the user note feature in new updates.

Thanks,

Bob Gonzales, Dean

Reformed Baptist Seminary