highlighted results within a whole search text?

DanielE

Hey all,

This is somewhat of a newbee question, but I have accordance 8 (I will eventually upgrade, but first need to upgrade my macbook OS) and wish to do a search in Gal 6 in which the end result keeps the whole passage, and the results are highlighted.

So, for example, if I do a normal search in Gal 6 with [Range Gal 6] <AND> [VERB Participle] , the result cuts the verse selection down from the whole chapter to just Gal 6:1, 3, 6, 8, 9 and 13. Also, in the results the color of the font is changed rather than the words themselves being highlighted.

Is there a way to get the result I would like (highlighted results within the full passage) without manually going through and highlighting everything?

ALSO, if this can be done with participles, could i also do multiple searches and have everything on one screen in such a way that, maybe, all the aorists are highlighted one color, all the imperfects are highlighted another color and all the perfects are highlighted yet another?

Part of the reason I want to do this is because it is helpful at my level of greek reading. The other is that my Greek Exegesis Prof has done this on his Logos 4 that is displayed through the overhead projector, and it irks me that none of us accordance users (the few, the proud) know how to do anything remotely close to this.

Thanks,

Daniel

(part of an Accordance minority in a Logos classroom.)

Once the search is run if you shift-click on a highlight style it will highlight the hits. Then, if you simply navigate to Gal 6, it will display the entire chapter but also keep the participles highlighted. You can repeat this with different searches and highlight styles. For example, you could create a single highlight file for "Greek Reading," then customize the styles within it for each item you're interested in studying (e.g. participles, moods, words occurring < 10x, etc.).

Let us know if this helps or if you need additional help…

• Like 1