Crash on selecting any menu item (7.0.1)

markus

Earlier this week I posted about Accordance crashing when I double-clicked on a saved session. It worked fine otherwise, however.

But now accordance starts up fine, but if i try to choose ANY menu item, it locks up, I get the multi-colored spinning wheel, and have to choose Force Quit. I have trashed the preferences and plist files and restarted -- same thing.

No other apps do this.

Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?

I have not heard of this problem before. I would try deleting the General settings file from user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. Which Preferences did you delete already?

I tried deleting all the preferences, including General. I also downloaded and installed the update again. Same thing. I experimented a bit more: after opening Accordance, any action (except select text) freezes the application with the spinning cursor.

This is strange. No other apps are affected. I have repaired permissions, restarted, tried running only Accordance...all the typical fixes.

I really need to access my modules for my work! What else can I try?

Thanks.

I have not heard of this problem before. I would try deleting the General settings file from user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. Which Preferences did you delete already?

From which folder did you delete your Preferences? The ones Accordance uses (in OS X) are in your own user/Library/Preferences, not the ones in the Accordance folder.

Markus has written to me directly to say that the problem resolved itself.

Archived