Accordance 10 and the Syntax Modules

Robert N

I cannot figure out how to access the syntax modules under Accordance 10. I couldn't find any help on it so I am here hoping someone knows. Can anyone pass along the procedure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Robert N

The syntax information is still available in Instant Details, and the searching capabilities are still available via the entry box and construct windows. Perhaps what you are looking for is the Syntax Tree pane? Instead of being a dedicated icon, its one of the submenus under 'Add Parallel'.

You are correct. I am trying to display the Syntax Tree Pane. I have 3 items under the Add Parallel pulldown... Texts, Reference Tools, and My Notes. I didn't see the syntax es under any of these. Can you tell me where it which of the 3 it would be under and the name it would be called by?

Thanks!!!

There should be a Syntax item along with those others. Is it possible that it isn't installed? See if it is available via Easy Install.

My Easy Install says it is installed, but there isn't an additional item by that name. I'll try restarting. BTW I am running 10.0.5. I closed all of my workspaces to no avail. I am trying to add the module to the library if I can figure out where it is located and if it needs to be added.

Edited by Robert N

It won't appear in the Library, but you can try a simple Open command and navigate to Library/Application Support/Accordance/Gloss folder and HMT-W4.syntax. Do contact tech support if you cannot get it to work.

• 11 months later...

I can't find a syntax item under the "Add" button in Windows Accordance. (The Hebrew syntax module is installed.) How can I open a syntax pane?

Sorry, syntax can be tricky to install. You won't find it in the Add button, but in the Add Parallel button. If it isn't there, you may need to open it, and even supply an unlock code from your invoice.

The file HMT-W4.syntax is found in (on Win 7 and 8):

Users\All Users\Accordance\Gloss folder

but All Users is normally invisible.

You can use the Open command in the File menu of Accordance, and enter this string into the File name box. It should then add the Syntax to your Add Parallel menu.