Installation Challenges

Brian K. Mitchell

I am attempting all of the following on a HP Pavillion Dv6 running WIndows 7 (64 bit)

I recently ordered and received an Accordance Bible Software package( Jewish Collection 6 Advanced Level with disk for PC Emulator) on a (TDK) DVD-R Entitled, ' JC6 .HFC ~PC~ ' . I have already installed the free BasiliskII Emulator and followed the instructions provided in the Emulator manual6 to set tit up. The Emulator runs just as promised. I was able to follow the Manual6 until about the bottom of page 12 of the manual6. On, page 13 of the manual is where I run into difficulties.

When, I insert the provided the DVD, my computer instantly recognize it and opens a browse window. However, it appears that either my computer is unable to read the DVD, or that no file were found on the Dvd.

When, I attempt to open the provide DVD in the 7-Zip program it recognize the Dvd as CD for some reason, and once again it appears that the disk is empty.

At, this point I am not sure what to do?

It is possible that I may have missed a step some where or that I do not fully understand what's going on.

If anyone can provide me with any help or alternative way to get Accordance Bible Software up and running I would be very happy to hear about it.

Thanks in Advance,

Brian

Edited by bkMitchell

Brian: I am willing to screenshare via Skype (send me a personal message with your Skype name), but you will do best to contact tech support in the morning. They may have sent you a blank disk in error.

Hello Helen Brown,

Thank you so much for your speedy response!

I will attempt to contact either you or Tech Support, soon.

Grace and Peace,

Brian

Thank you so much for taking the time to walk me through the installation process and helping me, to get Accordance9 running on the Emulator. It runs just as well as any other program I have, and in some cases it runs faster! It, will keep me satisfied till either; the windows version of Accordance is released, or I finally breakdown and buy the Mac BookPro I continue to come close to envying.

חֶסֶד וְשָׁלוֹם (Grace and Peace),

Brian

Edited by bkMitchell

Glad to help, enjoy the software!

Sorry we had sent you a blank disk which frustrated all your efforts.

• Like 1

Brian - Glad you're up and running. The support at Accordance is the very best.

BUT - go ahead and get the MacBook Pro. Mine has been going strong for 4+ years. Our son's is still working perfectly after more than 6. He just exchanged a perfectly good HD in his machine for a solid state drive and the machine runs perfectly with the SSD and is a lot faster. We have a 1998 Wallstreet PowerBook that still works, and even an Apple IIe (circa 1985) in the basement that will still boot. Anyone want to play LodeRunner? It's not that Apple has never produced a lemon, but, for the most part, you can expect your machine to keep working far past the time when you're thinking about replacing it.

I'm awaiting the arrival of a new Mac mini to replace a still functioning PowerMac G5 (7-1/2+ years old).

Edited by Julie Falling
  • Like 1

Glad to help, enjoy the software!

I will! I've got a lot to learn about Accordance though but It's going to be fun.

Brian - Glad you're up and running. The support at Accordance is the very best.

BUT - go ahead and get the MacBook Pro.

Yes, they really go out of their way to help Accordance users!

And, yeah I just may get a MacBook Pro in a few months, but the MacMini you mentioned is sounding interesting as well!

Edited by bkMitchell

• 2 months later...

I ordered my copy of Accordance v9 for PC on Monday and it arrived here in the UK this morning - incredibly efficient! However, the enclosed DVD appears to be blank. When I inserted it into my Windows 8 64 bit PC it stated it was a blank disk. I tried it in my 64 bit Windows 7 laptop with the same result. Unlike Brian, there weren't even any files to instal the emulator! I have emailed Michele and Martha on this and no doubt will get a prompt response today once the office is open your side of the pond! Is there any way files can be emailed to me as I have very fast internet access or do they have to come via DVD? It seems a shame to have to reship!

Best wishes

Lloyd

Just a quick update - already received both an email and telephone call. I am very impressed with customer service so far!

Brilliant customer service from Keith in technical support. Several phone calls and all files sent via dropbox and installed perfectly first time. Thank you guys - I can see that all the comments about fantastic customer service is richly deserved!

Best wishes

Lloyd

Hello Lloyd,

I am happy to hear (or rather read) that you like me were also able to overcome this. When, Accordance for Windows is released later this year PC users will also be able to install at Accordance Web-store via the easy-install.

Some of Accordance's modules for the Emulator can already be found at: http://www.accordancebible.com/Purchased-Modules

And provided you have the unlock codes and do not mind installing the files manually this may also be a decent option for the time being.

Grace and Peace,

Brian