Accordance 10.1 and still no Retina Support?!

macinthass

I love Accordance but I am really disappointed that there is still no Retina support. And now it is not only 15" but even the new 13" MBP come with Retina display and Accordance looks horrible...

Please fix this ASAP!

I do not work for OakTree, so this is an unofficial response. My experience over the years is that they avoid announcing things prematurely. They intensely wish to avoid the sobriquet, "purveyor of vaporware." So until it is time to release (possibly beta version or release candidate), you already know as much as you are going to. Frustrating? Perhaps, but their position is rational and fairly consistent. Shalom!

• 4 months later...

Is there any progress on this discussion?

I would have to agree. I have had a 15' retina display for a month now and am disappointed at how Accordance looks.

It has been stated in the past it is a high priority, and I am sure it will be completed as fast as possible. It would be lovely if all one had to do was push button and all relevant code was updated to make it retina compatible, but I know there is much more to this than that. I would bet as the premiere mac Bible software they feel a little embarrassed about not being retina compatible. But with 20 some years of code to update I would guess it could be a while getting it not only looking but operating the way they want. Should they have been ready since day one, yes it would have been nice, but getting 10 polished and ready for release seems to me a more worthy goal. Only the programers will have an idea when it will be done but other than bug seating I would bet this is top of their list to get done. Those few of you lucky enough to own retina machines, please be patient, I am sure once you get the finished product you will be very happy with the quality. Perhaps in a year or two I will also have a retina screen but I am fairly sure they will have it working by then. I would hope you get your update soon, but just wanted to give this rambling reply to remind you, it's not as easy as switching on a light.

-dan

great response Dan! thanks for the insight. I agree, Accordance 10 has been a blessing. I'm glad that was on the top of the list.