user notes text

Marco79

Greetings everyone,

I have Accordance 9.6.6. I am wondering how to set the default text for my user notes. When I go into preferences I see "user notes tab". No that doesn't look like it. Then there is "tool display". That has a title "default display for All Tool and User Tools:" but the content is set at size "12" but when I make a new user note for a verse it comes up wanting to do the content in 16 so this must not be the right preference either.

So then I go to "text display". Maybe that is it? Well, that has a title that says "Default display for All Bible and other text. Well, my user notes are not really a bible text and this preference size is "14" anyways and as I said above when i try to make a new use note it wants to make it in "16" so this window must not be it either.

What do I do. The text issue for verse notes has always been frustrating to me. I'm sure it is in plain sight but I must be blind.

Thank you for any help

Marco

It's in the Accordance Preferences.

post-330-0-92656300-1353181099_thumb.png

Marco in the case of User Notes it displays as you have edited it therefore the defaults can be set in the 'Edit Windows' section of the preferences.

post-30494-0-12920000-1353197336_thumb.png

• Like 2

Thank you! I should have know.... the "edit windows" section.

You can't imagine how long I have struggled with that.

Bless you.

Marco

I can't beleive this, the problem persists.

I go to make a new verse note and it wants to make the content text of my verse note "Lucida Grande" even after setting the "edit window"- "user notes text to "Geneva"

I don't want to say that this is driving me crazy, but it seams to be a big deal to get this font thing right.

Thank you for any help.

Marco

I do not seem to have that problem. I changed mine to Geneva and that worked as my default. I then changed it back to Arial and that worked. Have you tried other fonts to see if they work?

• 2 months later...

Along similar lines--though perhaps this should be a new topic--I have set my User Notes to Calibri (in preferences) and am now pasting notes into MS Word. I use "Keep Source Formatting" and then end up with Geneva--even though I'm pasting into a document with a Calibri font. When I selected the "Keep Text Only" option in Word, no problems--all is Calibri.

Am I doing something wrong?